Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for a RS485 Network Repeater

TheSignGuy

I believe I have an extra, what part number exactly are you looking for?

On 11/12/2021 at 9:55 AM, TheSignGuy said:

LOR says 2-3 weeks before it ships. Curious if anyone has 1 or 2 they are willing to sell I can have in a week.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 8:53 AM, TheDucks said:

Might I ask why you think you need one? RS485 is good for 4000' (when properly terminated and decent cable)??

Sorry for the late to reply. My show computer is in the garage and running 2 networks that has to go across the driveway several times. Half the network (reg and Aux A) go to the right and the other half goes to the left, I wanted to save myself from running extra cords. But I found it's cheaper to buy 2 extra 100' cables then buy the repeater.

1 hour ago, TheSignGuy said:

Sorry for the late to reply. My show computer is in the garage and running 2 networks that has to go across the driveway several times. Half the network (reg and Aux A) go to the right and the other half goes to the left, I wanted to save myself from running extra cords. But I found it's cheaper to buy 2 extra 100' cables then buy the repeater.

I run 3 Networks just because of concrete Geography.  Front (where most of the Action is 😛) ,(Garage door)  corner+(Front door) House , Side (of drive) wall (Old Gen2 @57K)

For those who have to run wires across the driveway and don't have the luxury of conduit running under the driveway like another nameless person 😁, this is where the arches come in handy. I have a ton of wires that go over my arches to get to the other side.

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

For those who have to run wires across the driveway and don't have the luxury of conduit running under the driveway like another nameless person 😁, this is where the arches come in handy. I have a ton of wires that go over my arches to get to the other side.

I had good intentions of installing conduit this year but it never got done. I just drive across them 🤦‍♂️, the wife uses the car that parks in the garage once a week so no big deal. I had intended to buy several of those protective cover ramps but I'm done spending this year 😄

1 minute ago, TheSignGuy said:

I had good intentions of installing conduit this year but it never got done. I just drive across them 🤦‍♂️, the wife uses the car that parks in the garage once a week so no big deal. I had intended to buy several of those protective cover ramps but I'm done spending this year 😄

Before installing conduit under a new driveway, I used some 2x4's laid on either side of the wires, and used rebar to stake those into the yard. We run a business from our house and have 15-20 cars per day drive over them. 

15 minutes ago, PostmasterX said:

Before installing conduit under a new driveway, I used some 2x4's laid on either side of the wires, and used rebar to stake those into the yard. We run a business from our house and have 15-20 cars per day drive over them. 

I used a rented concrete saw and cut expansion joints in my large driveway. Use a large spike on each side to zip tie to to keep rain, deer or people to prevent the cable from lifting. It was an affordable and permanent solution.

JR

3 hours ago, Mr. P said:

I like that idea!

I don't need to get under the driveway, but I do have almost a quarter mile of conduit under the front lawn.

• The topic was locked