Light-O-Rama Forums

Registration Error

TheSignGuy

So my show computer (laptop) finally got switched over to S5- 5.6.6. I can't get it to register on line, I get the message "Registration Error: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TSL secure channel"

I also tried the off line but I don't get the terminology and it's not working either. The License key is correct on the laptop and the same as my sequencing computer but the laptop still shows 5.6.6 Advanced where it should be Pro with SS license.

Any ideas?

Make sure you have internet access on the laptop before you do the registration.  Never needed to do the off-line version so can't help there.

It's also possible that the LOR server has an issue.

SSL needs a current certificate.  What Browser are you using? You may need to visit the site with IE to get the updated certificate.

It has Firefox and does not give me an option for a different browser. So the issue is on my end and not from the LOR site?

2 hours ago, TheSignGuy said:

It has Firefox and does not give me an option for a different browser. So the issue is on my end and not from the LOR site?

Start: Windows Accessories: Internet Explorer  (Firefox is just OUR default browser. IE is really embedded deep, which is why it can update certificates)

It seems to be a firewall issue that's over my head. The Firewall will not let me change the settings and I get error messages when trying to start it. My anti virus (AVG) is also not running and giving error messages as well. I submitted a help ticket but pretty sure I'm going to format the laptop and reinstall Win 10 pro on that laptop.

Appreciate the help

10 minutes ago, TheSignGuy said:

It seems to be a firewall issue that's over my head. The Firewall will not let me change the settings and I get error messages when trying to start it. My anti virus (AVG) is also not running and giving error messages as well. I submitted a help ticket but pretty sure I'm going to format the laptop and reinstall Win 10 pro on that laptop.

Appreciate the help

AVG used to be real decent (XP days).  Then it was reported to have violated our trust a few years back. Do check things out. (I also heard that some of the hooks, were not gone on uninstall. Only a complete wipe of your disc.) Once trust is tainted 🤕 ...  YMMV 

So help desk got back with me and suggested to right click on the Control Panel Icon (bottom right corner, Red light bulb) and select the option for "Upgrade Light-O-Rama". All the info was in there and It worked!

I also did about 4 hours of updates (66 total) on the old thing so not sure what exactly did it.

Hope that helps someone else

I agree on Windows Defender.  Almost all of the 3rd part anti-virus products end up being more trouble than they are worth.

6 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

The next time you reinstall Windows, just go with Windows Defender. It's as good as they come. AVG is not imo.

+2 on Windows Defender.  It has NEVER caused me any issues with the LOR Software or any other software I have installed.

I also use Firefox exclusively, and have never had an issue updating anything!

Added: BTW: I also use Microsoft Security Essentials, no problems with it either.

Edited by Orville

• The topic was locked