Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Assignment List Question

machtoo

Have a non technical question...was setting up to start cabling my display this morning and pulled the channel assignment list that I had printed from S5 and placed in my first box of four 102 controllers.  Was surprised that it looked foreign and was missing key details to connect the cables.  My display used a tri color scheme RGW and each "prop" uses 3 channels...one for read, one for white and one for green. 

In my sequences, one controller will handle one color for 16 mini tree props so Channel 1 is Mini Tree One Red.  This level of detail by device was missing from the S5 print out.  Had to install S4 on another PC and open an S4 version of the sequence to print the S4 style channel assignment organized by controller.

Haven't had a lot of time to look at all the options in S5 but I do not see any obvious options to get the S4 style channel assignment print out.  Anyone know to to get a printable list of channel assignments with prop names and colors  sorted by controller like S4?

In my S4 printout it will start with Controller 1, Mini Trees 1 Red...channels 1-16, Controller 2, Mini Trees 1 Green , etc.  Have to have this type of info to connect cables to the legacy controllers correctly.  I use 22 1602Ws plus a 12 ribbon CCR tree and a 16x100 pixel tree with a Pixie 16.  Have already tested the CCR tree and Pixel Tree with the new G4 N4 director.  Perfect performance with 3 networks and the Pixie 16 running a 1000k.  Now wiring the ac controllers.

Thanks in advance ... Dean 

P.S.  The legacy network runs at 57k, the CCR tree network is 500k and the Pixie 16 network is 1000k.  Just wanted to clarify the setup.