Light-O-Rama Forums

Fancy Features Not Needed

Don

I see a lot of posts from people thinking that they have to have the latest and greatest version of software just to program a sequence. Maybe it's the thought that you need the latest features to do certain effects, etc.

This video is from my 2006 display. It was programmed with version 1.6.9 (or 1.6.15) of the software. This song was actually in my 2005 display as well, so I will admit that I did have a few years to tweak it before the version you see here.

http://wonderlandchristmas.com/2006-cotb-df-hires.wmv (Note: This might be a direct download.)

My reasoning for posting this is to show you that anything is possible with this software. There wasn't a chase tool back then, no multiple timing grids or even fading twinkles. The fading twinkle(ish) effect you see at the end took DAYS to get the effect you see on the screen. (Which after 15 years looks horrible, but it looked awesome at the time.)

Don't let your mind trick you into thinking you need the fancy features. You can do a lot at the basic levels. Granted, it's going to take time to do, and there is a LOT of learning involved - But it can be done.

• The topic was locked