Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio Effects Won't Display on Pixels

Rapajez

All,

Just plugged in and configured my first Pixel8 controller and fired up a few of my sequences. 

Everything is displaying perfectly on the pixels. No issues playing the sequence on them, until I get to an Audio Effect (from the Motion Generator). For some reason the pixels are just off during these effects. Is there some trick to getting the Audio Effects to display?

Show PC is Windows 10, a bit older. I'm using the 500K "Enhanced" network, w/ a USB-RS485-HS. Right now this pixel8 is the only controller plugged into the show PC. 

(Follow up -- can I chain my regular 16-channel LOR controllers and dumb rgb controllers into the same network with these? Or do I need a separate USB-RS485 coming out of another USB port? I've been looking online but still not 100% sure I follow)

Are Audio effects enabled in Sequence Info in the top menu.

Close and restart the Sequencer after changing the setting.

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Are Audio effects enabled in Sequence Info in the top menu.

Close and restart the Sequencer after changing the setting.

Maybe I'm missing it. I can go to the "Sequence" Drop Down and select Sequence Information, but I don't see an option for "Audio effects". 

There is a dropdown for Audio Info, with options like "Spectrogram High Res" and "Waveform Only". I should mention that the preview works fine on my sequencing PC, but I can't run the sequencer on my Show PC (due to Open GL issues...). Maybe that's the problem? 

4 hours ago, TheDucks said:

To your second Q:  Do your AC controllers have Green Status LEDS (Gen 3): Then Yes

Your CMB24  should not have issues either way

https://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

Yes, they're CTB16PC's, but they have Green Status LEDs. 

If they don't work, do I need to use a separate USB485 off the same show PC? Is it a pain to configure 2?

Edited by Rapajez

If your PC has Open GL issues, you can't run Sequencer period. You may be able to update the graphics and or Open GL drivers but likely not. If it is a desktop, an inexpensive graphics card will fix the issue.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 4:38 PM, TheDucks said:

To your second Q:  Do your AC controllers have Green Status LEDS (Gen 3): Then Yes

Your CMB24  should not have issues either way

https://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

Update in case someone else needs this information down the road. The Gen3 AC controllers did work, but only after I updated their firmware. I can't find any changelogs for the firmware online; not sure which version added support for 500k, but bumping up from v1.04 to v1.14 did the trick.

Got everything on one network (which is nice b/c I already had a dedicated electrical box with 1 network adapter to go between the equipment in my garage and the controllers outside). 

On 11/7/2021 at 4:01 AM, PhilMassey said:

If your PC has Open GL issues, you can't run Sequencer period. You may be able to update the graphics and or Open GL drivers but likely not. If it is a desktop, an inexpensive graphics card will fix the issue.

On the Sequencing PC -- I tried disabling the Audio effects in the Sequence menu, saving, then re-enabling. That seemed to fix the Show PC.

Last week I just replaced the whole show PC and it's working fine either way. 

Edited by Rapajez

On 11/7/2021 at 1:01 AM, PhilMassey said:

But the show player will work just fine with the Open GL issue.  My file server has no ability to open Sequencer because of that, but plays the shows just fine.

• Like 1