Light-O-Rama Forums

Sandevice 682's for sale

dougd

Got any info about the 682s? Year/Firmware version? Any pictures? Enclosures or no?

Thanks in advance.

All have the newest firmware 5.30. No enclosures. I use walmart hobby boxes for the most part. Various years. Nothing much changed with the 682 hardware wise over the years.

20211104_114705r.jpg

1 hour ago, dougd said:

Nothing much changed with the 682 hardware wise over the years.

About the only hardware change with the E682 was the addition of the holes in the board to allow zip tying the Ethernet module in place.

Nice boards.  Ran them myself for years.

• 1 month later...

New year starting, anyone interested in any of these? $100 for the 682's. Only 1 6804 left, $60.

Edited by dougd

I think I'm going to keep my E6804 as a test device.  Unlike most of the controllers, on the SanDevices controllers, you can set it into a test mode, and that state will be retained after a power cycle.  So I have ports 1 - 3 set as WS2811 with three different color orders, and port 4 as GE Color Effects.  Plug a string of pixels into the appropriate port and power it up (normally from my portable battery bank that allows me to set the voltage), instant test feature.

If I really need to change something, I can plug it into my E1.31 network and make whatever changes are desired.

Yes, I have two of the little $3 WS2811 test generators, but frankly the E6804 is just as convenient and works better.

• The topic was locked