Light-O-Rama Forums

Basic RGB arches

Timothy

I'm new to this and am wanting to get some basic RGB arches made up like what's sold over at Wowlights. Can anyone help me out with how many to put on per arch/typical spacing? I have 300 feet of 1' spaced plastic strips and I will be making them 3.5M long. Thanks in advance.

Yea, I was thinking 150 pixels per arch using a pixie 4 controller that hopefully arrives at least a week before thanksgiving. I'm mounting them using a plastic strip and zip tying them to the PVC arch.

I like the way yours look and never would of guessed that you could see the lights through the pipe.

6 minutes ago, Timothy said:

I like the way yours look and never would of guessed that you could see the lights through the pipe.

I like the way it looks too.  It's PEX pipe.  PVC attenuates the light too much and does a pretty major color shift of the light.

So I just made 8 arches from 2 pixie 2's. My pixie has 50 pixels per port (100 total), I did 25 pixels per arch. Used the same 1" PEX material as k6ccc and each one is 75" long with a 3" pixel spacing and that leaves about 2.5" on the ends to mount. These should be about 24~30 tall and about 4ft wide  when mounted to the ground. Sorry no pictures yet