Light-O-Rama Forums

Unable to create or run shows

txmvmcc

Constant errors.  Unable to create and run a show for 2 years now.  The version is 4.4.4 pro.  I have contacted support about this to no fix.  I have to play each sequence individually from SE.  I get port errors this or port errors that.  I do not use anything but pixels.  Unfortunately, if this persists; I will have to find other options as I refuse to pay for upgrades on software that no longer works the way it use to.  I even bought a brand new laptop to see if that was the issue.  NOPE.  Just wasted 1400 bucks on something I didn't need.

I have tried simple show builder AND the new HUB.  Nothing works.

If you are using only pixels, odds are you won't need any COMM channels (dongle), so make sure in the network setup you don't have any defined.  This may be different if you are using LOR's CCBs or CCPs (you'll need a dongle for those)

You should not get any errors for any devices assigned to an IP address that are not connected.

7 minutes ago, wbaker4 said:

If you are using only pixels, odds are you won't need any COMM channels (dongle), so make sure in the network setup you don't have any defined.  This may be different if you are using LOR's CCBs or CCPs (you'll need a dongle for those)

You should not get any errors for any devices assigned to an IP address that are not connected.

Unless he has a pixcon16, an idmx1000, or using any DMX controller 

He will need an RS485 adapter

JR

36 minutes ago, txmvmcc said:

Constant errors.  Unable to create and run a show for 2 years now.  The version is 4.4.4 pro.  I have contacted support about this to no fix.  I have to play each sequence individually from SE.  I get port errors this or port errors that.  I do not use anything but pixels.  Unfortunately, if this persists; I will have to find other options as I refuse to pay for upgrades on software that no longer works the way it use to.  I even bought a brand new laptop to see if that was the issue.  NOPE.  Just wasted 1400 bucks on something I didn't need.

I have tried simple show builder AND the new HUB.  Nothing works.

Please provide more info

Type of controllers along with the generation?

What network speeds are you using?

We can’t help you unless you explain in detail.

Turn off any anti virus software- including Windows Defender 

Using a director/ pc to run the show?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

• The topic was locked