Light-O-Rama Forums

How to sell items (Controllers)

Wayne K

For those of you who have sold controllers, is it better to put them on e-bay or list them here on the forums?

Thanks

Wayne

Personally I would never buy an EBay controller, been there got the tshirt and 2 bricks.

Best to sell them where people know what they are.

I also do not sell any unless the person is willing to drive to me. This way they can be tested before purchase.

Best of luck

JR

I'm with JR on eBay, I wouldn't trust anything on there when it comes to something like a controller.  But I have bought from a couple of folks on the LOR Forums here.  And no, I didn't drive to them {I can no longer drive anyway, so that is NOT an option for me}, but all controllers I purchased, a total of 8 older 5V CCB100D Controllers and bulbs that I purchased here used, all worked perfectly.   I would be more inclined to buy used items from someone on the forums that has been  on the forums for a few years.   I'd never buy from a newbie that has only been here a few days and already selling used items.  You just can't be sure with those.  As  old saying goes buyer beware. 

But if the persons been here for a few years, it's not as wary, I think a few years back or more, we had a run of newbies pop up in here and selling used items, and a lot of folks got burned with that.   But if the persons been here a few years and active on the forums, most would be a little more confident in buying a used item like a controller from them.

At least, that's my .02¢ worth on selling/buying used controllers/items on the LOR Forums.

I'm with Orville.

Another tip off is how the describe what they are selling. Familiarity with the item (it could also be Hot, or something Legit found at a yard sale). If the ain't familiar, how are they to know its true functionality or if all the pieces are there (not so much for LOR Controllers, but CCR/B, matching pigtails...)

Lets face it, Shipping is outrageous 🥵 and can easily add a big chunk to a purchase. "Will call" can be desirable 🙂

I guess it's a trade off. If your a reputable seller (as I am) I've sold lots of LOR stuff for WAY more then I thought it would go for. My description is accurate and truthful with lots of pictures of the unit working. Now you do pay bigger fees but you get a lot more exposure especially this time of the year. Your likely going to have to ship them anyway so I guess it depend on your asking prices for the controllers.

Just sayin' I saw a CTB16PCG3 sell for $227.50 + $20 to ship and a cracked case last week. LOR is saying 2-3 week ship time for their new ones people are willing to pay to have em now.  

If you want top dollar, go E-bay.  But, like others I will only buy off of people who have been in community for a while. 

1 hour ago, TheSignGuy said:

If your a reputable seller (as I am) I've sold lots of LOR stuff

How do you get paid for things? Do you use paypall?

When your item sells and is paid for, Ebay now collects the money and does a direct deposit into one of your accounts (you need to set that up). The process could take a few days from the time someone buys (and pays) for the item for the money to hit your account.

Ebay does not depend on PayPal to accept payment anymore, they ain't friends any more, lol

Paypal is much faster with available funds but you still need to transfer it to an account if you dont have have one of their cards.  I do use paypal to pay for things on Ebay and everything else because I have one of their cards and makes the funds instantly available.

• The topic was locked