Light-O-Rama Forums

Failed to create empty document

NV1985

Hello again.  I was attempting to try the superstar option in S5 using this tutorial 

I keep getting the errors 

1. Using superstar on bundles of traditional strings will not produce the expected results do you want to proceed ? 

2. Failed to create empty document 

3. No data received from superstar

I'm not sure if I need to ungroup something or exactly what I did incorrectly.  :/ 

Help appreciated. 

Superstar is for Smart RGB pixels not single color light strings. Assuming your signature of 64 channels you are using AC lights not 12/5v pixels.

You also need the license for the amount of pixels you want to sequence if you want SS to work correctly. 

1)  SuperStar can sequence traditional lights just fine, but most of the auto sequencing wont work well with them (as that message indicates).

2)  I assume that was in SuperStar.  I'm guessing here, but that likely resulted from trying auto sequencing on something that could not be sequenced.

3)  That is the message (not an error) you get after exiting from SuperStar after an "Insert SuperStar Effects" when you did not create anything in SuperStar.  It is simply telling you that there was no data received from SuperStar.  BTW, you can also get that if you exit from SuperStar and when asked if you want to save the changes, if you answer no.

According to his screen capture, he has a 160 CCR SuperStar license so he is well set for the future when he is using pixels.

I'm getting the messages when I highlight a motion row and click "insert superstar" like she does in the video.  Only super star doesn't open for me like it does for her, it just gives me those 3 pop ups in a row.  I never get to the actual super star program from the sequencer screen.  For example, I have a row of mini trees, only 1 color (traditional lights) that go left to right, and wanted to see if it could help with some bulk sequencing of some items like those.  Similar to how she uses it in the video, but no luck.