Light-O-Rama Forums

copying prop sequence from one sequence to another

Art

When I try to copy a rgb prop sequence from one sequence to a new sequence it will paste to new sequence but the data does NOT stay on the one prop.  When it pastes it will paste to all the props in the new sequence.  What am I doing wrong, both sequences are a *.loredit file.

First of all, you are asking a question in the S5 section of the forum, but your profile shows that you are running S4.3.26.  What version of software are you using?  If you really are using S5, please update your profile.  Since you said that it is .loredit files, I assume you really are on S5.  Remember, some answers are highly dependent on version or license level.

However this part of the answer is not software version specific.  Assuming you are copying Sequencer (S5) or Sequence Editor (S4) data (as opposed to SuperStar, Motion Effects, or Pixel Editor data), however many lines of data that you copy will be pasted into the new sequence.  In other words, if the prop that you are copying from is 17 lines of data, it will paste 17 lines of data into the new sequence - regardless of what those 17 lines are.  Also note that it is easy to copy more than you intended if you have collapsed groups - you may only be seeing 3 lines of data, but one of those was a collapsed matrix that really has, 6000 channels.

Right click on the grid and enable channel level.

If you need the separate r g and b  channels broken out you may need to enable them in the Sequencer preferences.