Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Coro

Timothy

Hello all. I'm very new to this. I bought the Hot Chocolate sequence from holiday coro but I get a lot of unmatched channels. Is it because I need to add in more motion effect rows into each string? It looks like this:

image.png.224f973649de0ed12f17762ac7e4a926.png

No, it means that the channel assignments that Holiday Coro used do not match the channel assignments that you are using.

Since it is not overly likely that you want to modify your configuration to match what HC used, this is what I do for this situation.  Either option 1 is to let S5 create a preview from the imported sequence.  It will come up as something like "Imported from <song title>" (or something like that).  Then copy the entire sequencing data from the purchased sequence, and paste it into your sequence that is using your proper preview.  Option 2 (which is practical if you expect to get lots of sequences with that channel layout) create a preview that matches the HC channel layout and when you first load the purchased sequence, tell it to use you "HC purchase" preview.  Then same thing as above with a copy and paste.  This is what I do with singing faces from JR.

So, that didn't work either. I copy 1 string and it pastes into 4 strings. What I ended up doing (and I'm not sure if this will work or not as I don't have my tree yet) is to add in a pixcon 16 device and it seemed to like that just fine. That should work right as long as I point the prop to the trees controllers? This is the first time doing this so I'm not sure if that'll work or not?

Also, will have to figure something out with the star as the sequence uses a rope star and I'll be getting an RGB star.

Edited by Timothy

Please provide us a list of which type of controllers yoi are using.

It sounds like you do not have RGB controllers but are trying to copy paste an RGB sequence in. This would explain why yoi are getting 4 rows while copy pasting.

You are getting the DMX row as well as the 3 R/G/B channels to make up the RGB row.

Knowing which controllers you physically are sequencing will help is help you.

JR

What I plan on this year is some dumb light strings (16 channels) and the mega-tree. I think I have it figured out but addressing everything I think is what's going to kill me.