Light-O-Rama Forums

8 Ch HC Singing Trees string REArrangement?

TheSignGuy

So in my preview and any new sequences I create in the future I would like to rearrange the order of some LED strings. When I go into "preview prop def" and set the arrangement to "Use Preview", I can't move anything. So I tried selecting HS_AB, I could then move them (Red Circle) I click save after I rearrange the strings but it does nothing. Help a guy out, I know I can rearrange them when I save the new sequence but I figured I should be able to do it in the preview but I'm missing something....

SS Tree Preview.jpg

Edited by TheSignGuy

I have had similar problems in the past.

I found the easiest and everlasting way to correct it was to add a number in front of the name

01, 02, ext.

I am sure by now the new methods work but when I started using S5 that was what I did.

In your case I would do Tree1 - 1 Outline and so on 

JR 

• Like 1

There are places where you will always get stuff in alphabetical order (the Show All view for one).  JRs suggestion is what I do.  Remember that 10, 11, 12 etc will follow 1 before 2.  So use leading zeros - 01, 02, 03, etc.  If there is ANY thought that whatever device it is will need a count of over 100, start using three digits now rather than having to renumber then when you get to 100.  Yes, you guessed why I know that....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, k6ccc said:

There are places where you will always get stuff in alphabetical order (the Show All view for one).  JRs suggestion is what I do.  Remember that 10, 11, 12 etc will follow 1 before 2.  So use leading zeros - 01, 02, 03, etc.  If there is ANY thought that whatever device it is will need a count of over 100, start using three digits now rather than having to renumber then when you get to 100.  Yes, you guessed why I know that....

Ditto 😁

And just to clarify, this will not effect any of the previous sequences playing. I assume as long as the channel config stays the same the name is only for me to keep track of.

4 hours ago, TheSignGuy said:

And just to clarify, this will not effect any of the previous sequences playing. I assume as long as the channel config stays the same the name is only for me to keep track of.

You must export and Import the grid view with every sequence. 

JR

• Like 1