Light-O-Rama Forums

Remove macros from CCD in an existing preview

Ron Boyd

Can the macro channels be removed without recreating the preview?

If not, can the macro channels be removed while creating a new one.

If either is so, How?

TIA.

13 hours ago, Ron Boyd said:

You don't re-create the preview, just edit the existing preview.

Or copy the preview to a new name and edit the new profile.  Then assign the new preview to each song.

Edited by k6ccc
Added last line.

13 hours ago, Ron Boyd said:

If not, can the macro channels be removed while creating a new one.

If either is so, How?

TIA.

Yes, just delete them one by one MANUALLY, once they are there, no other way to remove them.  And you will need to do this for every sequence that has them.  Tedious work, but can be done.  Me, I just leave them alone, I use them as a spacer between the ports of s1 and s2, that way I don't accidentally code into the s2 {Port 2} accidentally if I'm working on the Port 1 {s1}} strand of RGB pixels/bulbs.

As for your second, yes, how to do it is once you have removed those macro channels from a sequence for all controllers that have them, then you EXPORT a Channel Config file,  make sure you give it a unique name, like 2021 No Macro Channels, or a name you prefer and can help you know what it is, and then you can set it as your new preference for "Musical Sequences", this way, when you create a NEW sequence, this channel config file will NOT have any macro channels, providing you deleted them all.  

However, you can't just load the new channel config into an existing sequence with the Macro Channels and expect the channel config file to magically delete them, it won't, any existing channels will still be there, however, one caveat if you try this {load a new channel config to remove channels to see if it works, never has for me!}, use the UNDO command, because loading in a different channel set up than what's in the sequence can sure mess it up real bad.  Undo the Import Channel Config is the ONLY WAY to revert it back {or you can use the .bak file} as long as you didn't save it a couple of times as you worked on it after the import, then the back file is useless, and so is the Undo option, once you save it, the Undo option is no longer available.  Been through this, so quite experienced with having to do a tedious amount of work to fix a sequence I royally screwed up with an import like this.  So be aware of how it works, as importing a different channel config set up can really foul you up!   After ANY different channel config import, go through your sequence and be sure everything is still as you expect it, if not, don't save and Undo the import of that channel config!

Good luck!