Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Wireless

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

When buying the new wireless for LOR, will you have to buy two of them or is it a package? Also if you have two seperate controllers can you daisy chain them or would you have to get another wireless? Ex: If i had two controllers would I need 3 wireless?

Dan will correct me if I am wrong here.

The price is for a pair of controllers. (You would probably need to contact Dan directly about the purchase of a single unit.)

A look at this page will show you how you might connect the controllers. Here you see that there are two sets of controllers daisy chained together. One chain is connected to the computer via CAT5 cable. The other chain is connected via the wireless.

You could have more than one chain controlled by wireless, if needed.

ChadH wrote:

Hi everyone,

When buying the new wireless for LOR, will you have to buy two of them or is it a package?
The wireless units are sold in pairs for the $215.95 sale price. Just a word here from this confused user. The transformer included is the package IS necessary for the operation of the transmitter. Dan uses a powered 485 plug on the back of your computer. Moral: don't call him and accuse Mary of sending extra parts while complaining the product does not work.
Also if you have two seperate controllers can you daisy chain them or would you have to get another wireless? Ex: If i had two controllers would I need 3 wireless? cat5
The second controller can be linked via a telephone/CAT5 cable to the first controller OR you could purchase a single wireless unit (about $130) and plug directly into the second controller. Now a thought for those with 1/4 mile front yards is to use two wireless units plugged into two controllers set to the same channel ID and you would have a mirrored show 1/4 mile apart. Think of the fun and save 2000 feet of CAT5 cable.