Light-O-Rama Forums

Power injection

Ske65088

I have read that other systems need power injection after a certain distance or number of pixels. Do the Lightorama 50pixel strings need power injection as well?  

Power injection CAN be needed on longer strings.  I doubt you would find any 50 pixel strings that require power injection.  Beyond that depends on the strings, the intensity, number of pixels, etc.  The old standard rule of thumb is that for 50 pixel strings at 5 volts or 100 pixel strings at 12 volts, you MAY need PI.  That is based on all pixels at 100% full white and for "standard" high power pixels.  Low power pixels will extend those numbers.  As I understand it, a lot of the LOR pixels are "low power".  Best advise is to test the actual pixels that you have.  Turn the string up to 100% full white and measure the voltage at the end of the string, and current from the controller.  And very important - LOOK at the pixels.  Common effect of low pixel voltage is the pixels at the end of the string will tend to be a bit pink when the rest of the string is white.

• The topic was locked