Light-O-Rama Forums

Speaker or Radio

TitusCarnathan

I use speakers because there is no where for anybody to park to see the lights if they were radio brodcast

does anybody else use speakeres

The previous years, I used only FM transmission. Heck, the first year I did this I was so stupid that I didn't even place a 'tune to' sign in the front yard!

This year, I'm going to use both transmitter and speakers. The speakers will be kept kinda low, because the only people that would really need the speakers are walkers/joggers that pass by. The folks in the cars can read the sign and tune their radios. Or they can roll down their windows, of course.

Funny... I was just letting the show go through a test run tonight and I decided to put a little radio by the driveway. I'm definitely doing both this year just in case the big "TUNE TO 94.9FM" sign doesn't sink in. ;)

-Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

What a great topic of dicussion. I go for both. I actually have more foot traffic than traffic by car so I have an old radio out front tuned to the radio station that I am also broadcasting on. I want people to be able to hear the music no matter how they came...

By the way, my speakers are very loud for being in a neighborood. The neighbors love it. HA!

I used to use both (the "speakers" were really a couple boom-boxes with detachable speakers, wrapped in plastic and hidden behind display elements and under mini-trees...)

When we had our neighbor run-in a few years back, I got rid of them. They admitted that they didn't even know we had our own speakers, but I didn't want to give them yet another thing to b**ch about, and virtually 100% of our visitors come in cars anyway.

-Tim