Light-O-Rama Forums

DC Leds

chadh

I received 8 of these lights from a friend. At first I thought they were white but now I'm thinking they are RGB. They have six wires and it seems like they are DMX compatible. The version I have is actually older then the current version, but I believe they do the same thing. Does anyone have any ideas on how to power these lights considering that they are 24v and 91 watts? Here is a link to the newer version http://www.illumivision.com/products/rgb/Light_Wave_LX

Thanks,
Chad

Those look like they should be some really cool RGB DMX fixtures. There are some surplus shops that sell assorted regulated power supplies. You will need at least 5A for each of these.

- Kevin

yeah, everything I have found so far has only been 12 volts. Could I use a 12v power supply and it be only half the brightness or does it have to be a 24volt?

Chad

-klb- wrote:

That one looks like it would be much better for the price. I actually haven't even seen these lights lit up though so I'm really wondering if I will even be able to use them and if they will be worth the price of buying the power supply for them.