Light-O-Rama Forums

Singing pumpkins

Busbycm2

Can someone point me in direction of how i get the singing pumpkins/kit? I cant find where to purchase.

I bought 16 channel kit from LOR.

like this - 

HolidayCoro for both RGB and LED/ Incan

I have helped many members with others who the poly lines (bulb placement lines) on the back are problematic and set for DMX.

Hopefully LOR will offer some one day. 

JR

Thanks JR,

i searched there but not sure what exactly it is i would need in order to do what that video does.  Do you have a link on what i would need to purchase?

5 minutes ago, Busbycm2 said:

Thanks JR,

i searched there but not sure what exactly it is i would need in order to do what that video does.  Do you have a link on what i would need to purchase?

the 16 channel you bought controller is for Mini-Lights/LED, NOT RGB (the big one).

Next to consider: Each mouth shape is a channel (a 16 channel controller might do 2 faces independently)

Boy is HC's  mini-light singing pumpkin page confusing...  I think you get all 8 faces  for $55. Then you need to add a ton of LEDS/Mini-lights each. (remember neither type can be shortened . The design Bulb count must be maintained.)

7 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

the 16 channel you bought controller is for Mini-Lights/LED, NOT RGB (the big one).

Next to consider: Each mouth shape is a channel (a 16 channel controller might do 2 faces independently)

Boy is HC's  mini-light singing pumpkin page confusing...  I think you get all 8 faces  for $55. Then you need to add a ton of LEDS/Mini-lights each. (remember neither type can be shortened . The design Bulb count must be maintained.)

Its not confusing.

46x46 = 39.99 each

8- Mini Pumpkin Bunch = 49.99

OP- it is very hard to find single or even double singing face sequences.

4 is the norm to make it have lead and backups.

LOL

JR

Edited by dibblejr

35 minutes ago, Busbycm2 said:

Thank you both,

would this be what I need? The $39.99 or i need to add more?

https://www.holidaycoro.com/Singing-Pumpkin-p/17.htm?CartID=1

Did you see the Bulb /string count (500+) ? Typical strings come in 10, 35, 70

DO NOT mix string bulb counts on a single channel, or the light output per bulb may differ.

BTW kinda late for 2021 😛 (but do shop for strings on after Halloween sales (my stores already have gaps).

6 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Did you see the Bulb /string count (500+) ? Typical strings come in 10, 35, 70

DO NOT mix string bulb counts on a single channel, or the light output per bulb may differ.

BTW kinda late for 2021 😛 (but do shop for strings on after Halloween sales (my stores already have gaps).

I’ve never seen a “typical” 10/35/70 count string s 50/100/150/300

Maybe in California IDK.

OP- I put my extra bulbs in a Walmart bag with a hole at the bottom and use wire to hold the bay up on the backside of the singers.

Nobody can see them. I do not cover them any other way. Well in my 5’ singers I use a bucket. A made a door in the back. Tuck as many of the extra lights I can bet in the bucket.

I drilled many holes in The bottom Of the bucket to drain any water threat may get in.

I put the lid on The bucket

I have never had water standing in bucket.

I use Lowe’s or HD 5 gallon buckets.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

1 hour ago, Busbycm2 said:

Do you have a picture? Im so new to this and not sure easiest way to do it.

Shoot me a PM with a cell # and I will send you some pics. To much work to post a pic here. 

JR

Low count mini light > https://aachristmas.com/pages/craft-lights

Holiday Coro Prop Files > https://workdrive.zohoexternal.com/external/7Qzpz72qGo-Kn3o0?layout=list

shopping list

Singing Pumpkin
-------------------
Outline - 149 - orange 1x100-1x50
stump - 28 - green 1x35
eyes open - 44 - orange 1x50
eyes closed - 38 - orange 2x20
top lip - 50 - orange 1x50
middle lip - 48 - orange 1x50
bottom lip - 72 - orange 1x50-1x35
O lip - 30 - orange 1x35
ah lip - 100 - orange 1x100

Edited by Jimehc

I bought my LED lights for my singing/non-singing HolidayCoro faces from Holiday Light Express, and they come in lengths of 35, 50, 70 and 100 bulb counts.  And like JR, put my excess in a dark bag behind the prop.

• The topic was locked