Light-O-Rama Forums

Don't have to worry about Windows 11 here!

bdwillie

Did some checking on the pc's (4) and laptops (3) here and not a single one doesn't meet the requirements to upgrade to windows 11 because of their processors.   Not even the intel quad core 3 ghz processor. (specs say min dual core 1 ghz is required).  Looking at the supported processors, it has several before and after my model listed but for some reason not my particular one, so I won't be worrying if Windows 11 will screw up our show!😁  ( I would have waited to Jan to update them anyway).  Glad they will support 10 till 2025!!

Updated my UEFI/Bios, turned on TPM. Changed the boot drive to GUID boot manager and finally got Secure Boot to turn on. 

Downloaded and ran the PC Health check, and got the OK to update to Win11. Phew.....

Now I just have to wait for MS to offer it.

None of my systems (3) qualify. All have multiple cores, gobs of RAM

Just too Old. (I still prefer W7, where I had some control 🙄 ) It seems that every 6Mos, something else no longer works as it did (if at all)

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

Just too Old. (I still prefer W7, where I had some control 🙄 ) It seems that every 6Mos, something else no longer works as it did (if at all)

I agree. Its my computer and I wish I could block MS from hacking in to my systems. 

Im not sure if any ine else experiences this but if I ignore updates after a while things stop working. SE. printing, audio starts acting up until I install the update.

JR

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Updated my UEFI/Bios, turned on TPM. Changed the boot drive to GUID boot manager and finally got Secure Boot to turn on. 

Downloaded and ran the PC Health check, and got the OK to update to Win11. Phew.....

Now I just have to wait for MS to offer it.

My S4 / sequencing laptop does not meet requirements

Good, maybe MS will leave me alone LOL

JR

16 hours ago, TheDucks said:

Same here and I've got three powerful machines. Two Dell T5500 Server types with dual Xeon, 6-core processors, 72Gb ram and more...neither qualify because of both the TPM(1.2) and the CPU's. I spent an easy $2K on a computer for VR only to have it also rejected...very fancy Asus MB, 64Gb ram, SSD, Core i7-6850K within, won't work because of the CPU. I do have 1 single laptop that does meet the requirements. So maybe I'll mess with it next year and see if LOR will come to life but I'm sure the programmers with LOR will have their hands full trying to fix this and that to get the software to work with Windows 11

I know, I know, some of you want to stay on Windows 10.

But those who want to move to Windows 11, and you are unable to do so, then see this article. It contains a MS Approved registry hack to bypass some of the requirements.

https://www.theverge.com/22715331/how-to-install-windows-11-unsupported-cpu-intel-amd-registry-regedit

35 minutes ago, Don said:

But those who want to move to Windows 11, and you are unable to do so, then see this article. It contains a MS Approved registry hack to bypass some of the requirements.

https://www.theverge.com/22715331/how-to-install-windows-11-unsupported-cpu-intel-amd-registry-regedit

Yea, I can’t believe my newest laptop purchased last year doesn’t meet the requirements. It’s a pretty high end gaming laptop, who would have imagined?

My other Alienware gaming laptop is 4 years old so probably no change in that working as well.

Not sure of any of my 2 desktops. One purchased last year as well.

Thanks for the link.

JR

If anyone just wants to know if their machines are Win 11 capable, download and run the MS PC Health Check App, Here.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-11#pchealthcheck

I built mine almost three years ago and with a bit of tinkering it's now ready to go.

7 hours ago, Don said:

Thank You, I'll certainly give this a try

• The topic was locked