Light-O-Rama Forums

Computer Blew, transferred to New running Windows 11. Now getting ERRORS, HELP!!!!!

Shadowrider73

Anyone, I need help. My computer BLEWUP on the first night of running this years Halloween Program. I went out and bought a New Dell Inspiron 3880 Desktop and it has Windows 11 for the Operating System. I redownloaded my LOR Software, I can run S5.5.14 but I don't have pixels and I don't know how to change it in S5 so I redownloaded S4.4.15 and I was adding my music back into the sequence and went to save and I keep getting this ERROR. (See Pic) HELP!!

How do I fix this? Please. I am sure it is something simple and I just can't figure it out.

Ed

(edyer01@yahoo.com)

2021-10-08 (2).png

Check that your Restored (LOR) show files are NOT read only.

If you backed up direct to CD/DVD, this happens. 💡 Zip files THEN save the Zip to CD/DVD, that avoids the RO of individual files (only the Zip gets RO)

Ducks may be right about the file permission. but if that doesn't work try this.

Sometimes after a rollback to S4 there are some leftover files in the \Programfiles X86\LOR folder, assuming it still exists in W11. Uninstall S4, delete \Programfiles X86\LOR, reboot and reinstall.

If you still have issues since you are one of the first on W11, a Help Desk Ticket might be in order.

• Thanks 1

What blew up on your old computer? If the HD is still OK, you could put the old HD in the new computer and Windows 10 is pretty good about loading drivers, etc. As Windows 11 is just coming out, it may have some quirks that will take a bit to get ironed out.

Bob W

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BobW said:

What blew up on your old computer? If the HD is still OK, you could put the old HD in the new computer and Windows 10 is pretty good about loading drivers, etc. As Windows 11 is just coming out, it may have some quirks that will take a bit to get ironed out.

Bob W

Bob, I did that with the old HHD but all programs were wiped after a power surge literally blew the computer. So I’ve been spending time transferring everything off my old Dell Laptop that I was using for my program, in 2019. Upon doing so is when I came across this problem last night. I’ll like I said I have software for S5 however I don’t quite understand that yet because I’m not used to pixels still learning. So I still have the older at home traditional LOR boxes. So that’s why I went back to the S4 to make it easier until I can learn more about the pixels. However I’ve never had ran into this type of an error before it usually all saves with no problem. I’ll try to uninstall and reinstall back on the old hard drive location instead of on the C Drive. Do you think this would fix the issue or is there something in the hardware area I should mark? or check?

Ed

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Ducks may be right about the file permission. but if that doesn't work try this.

Sometimes after a rollback to S4 there are some leftover files in the \Programfiles X86\LOR folder, assuming it still exists in W11. Uninstall S4, delete \Programfiles X86\LOR, reboot and reinstall.

If you still have issues since you are one of the first on W11, a Help Desk Ticket might be in order.

Absolutely going to try this

2 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

Tried this and it didn't work. So I just opened a Help Desk Ticket. Thanks again. I will keep you all updated.

Ed

I've gotten that error before {not using Win 11 though}, and all I did was just click yes and save to a different filename, delete the original sequence file {and all files associated with it} and rename it back to the original one and that worked for me.  Have had this happen on Windows XP and on Windows 7.  Don't know exactly what causes the issue, but I've always been able to use the "Yes" option when it asks if I wanted to save to a different filename, and that always worked.  You haven't stated if you've tried that yet, if so, I missed it. 

Have you tried that and still gotten the error?  

If so, that might be something for the Help Desk to address.    But like said, I've always been able to just save it using the yes option in that pop up window and renamed the file, then deleted the original {all files that belonged to that sequence} and renamed the newly saved files back to the original name I had used.  That has always worked for me.  Hopefully, if you haven't tried that, it will work for you.

On 10/9/2021 at 11:09 AM, Shadowrider73 said:

Tried this and it didn't work. So I just opened a Help Desk Ticket. Thanks again. I will keep you all updated.

Ed

To my knowledge, only S5 is being tested for Windows 11 capability (with success) since S4 has not been the main version for over four years.