Light-O-Rama Forums

Command Line Show on demand

kornerb

Does anyone know if there is a way to run a show on demand via the command line?

I am doing some experimentation with interactivity and I would like to have a PHP script trigger the show.

Not really. I guess if you started the control panel with the schedule enabled it would start a scheduled show. 

There are ways to start a show using triggers and there is the LOR input Pup which allows control of mechanical props but I have never used either.

The best method I know of and use is BobO's MIIP, which allows your guests choose which song plays next from their Phones from a playlist.

http://itsmebob.com/SD.html

For interactivity, the InputPup and show start on trigger might get what you want.  I use a lot of interactives in my year round landscape lighting show, so should be able to help.  Phil's suggestion to use MIIP will also work.  What you would end up with is a "show" that is running that has one very short sequence running that either has nothing lit, or some static.  Then MIIP will trigger the sequences desired.  I do something similar during Christmas overnight.  I have a show with my pixel tree as a twinkling tree and a few other lights on.  People can call up any of my songs from their phone and as soon as the current short sequence ends, the requested song starts.

What are you actually trying to accomplish (not how you think you want to accomplish it, but what is the end goal)?

The inner workings of the schedule and show player are not exposed. However the files are plain text so can be viewed and overwritten.  The way to programmatically do it is by replacing the show file which the schedule file is playing. The player detects the .lss changes and restarts after completion of the playing song.  One way to do it is to name playingShow.lss in the schedule.  Then prepare a .lss for individual songs. To force one to play just copy it to the name playingShow.lss.   Have fun with your project.j

If you want try miip, email me from the link on my SD page.