Light-O-Rama Forums

s5 preview DMX question

Thebug

I am attempting to get a pixicon16 (pc16 from here on out)  up and running for my Halloween/Christmas show this year running in dmx.  My pixel matrix is 15 rows of 200 pixels. When i configured the  pc16 it says that each port is 2 universes I think. https://photos.app.goo.gl/WNsXp4wnhesVUPS78 (this photo is the LOR pixicon 16 pixel port setup) so the way I read this universe 1 (channels 1-510) and universe 2 (channels 1-90) are port one and universe 3 and 4 are port two and so one through port 15. 

Now for the question

When I go to my LOR preview https://photos.app.goo.gl/54wQCCQfCCnxAenD7 (this photo is my LOR preview) I see that for port 1 it is 1-510 with 90 pixels as "carry over." What does that mean? and how do I assign them to universe 2 so that it matches my pixel port setup? I went in and attempted to match what my pixel port is by making port 2 start with universe 3 and so forth through port 15. 

thanks in advance guys 

jon

41 minutes ago, Thebug said:

I am attempting to get a pixicon16

As Don said, there is no such thing as a pixicon16.  In your case, it's a PixCon16.

As far as your channel mapping in the Preview, you have it correct.  The "carryover" is in my opinion very poorly worded. It means that there is 90 channel that roll over into the next universe.

One more thing.  If you are going to try to show some portion of of your screen, please, Please, PLEASE  use a screen capture, and NOT take a photo of your screen.  A real screen capture is FAR easier to read.  If you don't know how to take a screen capture, Google search "Snipping tool" - it's built into Windows.

11 hours ago, Don said:

There is no such device.

It's either a Pixie16 or a PixCon.

Pixcon your right Don. One of these days I'll get the Pixie's and pixcon straight.

edit: one should not try and type things keep them straight after a 12hr night shift 

Edited by Thebug

10 minutes ago, Thebug said:

Pixie16 your right Don. One of these days I'll get the Pixie's and pixcon straight.

So are you using a pixcon16 or pixie16? Unless you are using a pixielink your pixie16 cannot run e1.31

JR

2 hours ago, dibblejr said:

So are you using a pixcon16 or pixie16? Unless you are using a pixielink your pixie16 cannot run e1.31

JR

sorry when I typed that I had just got off a 12hr night shift and was a bit bleary eyed and got things switched in my head...again I'm sorry for the confusion 

• Like 1