Light-O-Rama Forums

I had both my computers stolen while I was out of town on Family Emergency

Old Sarge

I am sorry I have not been here for about 3 or 4 years. I was out of town for a long time Family Medical Care Emergency.

I have been gone for a while and Had both my computers stolen which had evey seq I had on them.

I lost everything. Hopefully I was thinking I may be able to find some of the people here I shared my drop box's with years ago that May be able to help me getting my stuff replaced. I know I shared my drop box and everyhting I had with probably around 100 different people over the years..

Please IF any of you still have the zipped files I sent to you in the past I would greatly Love and Appreciate if you are able to send or share them back with me. I Totally lost everything I had on the two computers and just reciently got another computer up and running.

Thank You and my e mail is still  retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com.

PS I still just use the old mini lights. I never have been able to upgrade to the newer better things.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am still running 2'' 7 point archs, 16channel spiril tree, 4 (LOR) singing tree faces. Same for my halloween I have the 4 monster faces set for 8 channels each.

all total I am running 80 channels but I can change and play with things.. 

Thank you and can you please spread the word I am kinda starting from nothing now... My Backup computer and my main show comp were both stolen while I was out of town.

Thank You

retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com

Welcome Back.  Sorry to hear you had stuff stolen.

Are the files you shared via DropBox still in DropBox?

Edited by k6ccc

7 hours ago, Old Sarge said:

I am sorry I have not been here for about 3 or 4 years. I was out of town for a long time Family Medical Care Emergency.

I have been gone for a while and Had both my computers stolen which had evey seq I had on them.

I lost everything. Hopefully I was thinking I may be able to find some of the people here I shared my drop box's with years ago that May be able to help me getting my stuff replaced. I know I shared my drop box and everyhting I had with probably around 100 different people over the years..

Please IF any of you still have the zipped files I sent to you in the past I would greatly Love and Appreciate if you are able to send or share them back with me. I Totally lost everything I had on the two computers and just reciently got another computer up and running.

Thank You and my e mail is still  retired_old_sarge@yahoo.com.

PS I still just use the old mini lights. I never have been able to upgrade to the newer better things.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am still running 2'' 7 point archs, 16channel spiril tree, 4 (LOR) singing tree faces. Same for my halloween I have the 4 monster faces set for 8 channels each.

all total I am running 80 channels but I can change and play with things.. 

Thank you and can you please spread the word I am kinda starting from nothing now... My Backup computer and my main show comp were both stolen while I was out of town.

Thank You

It is great to see you back my friend. I have quite a few of your sequences in my email and can forward them right back to you as well as provide you with some new faces if needed.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Please, please, please ... everyone. Back up your data. OFFSITE.

There are many ways to do this. Personally, I could come home to a home burned to the ground, or picked clean, and I've lost zero data. It can be done.

I had back up but with family emercency and break in etc. and having to close my off site drop box for a while I lost everything.

I had back up but with family emercency and break in etc. and having to close my off site drop box for a while I lost everything.

I have also Not been able to access my old saved e mails which had a lot in them that I had shared with people. 

Thanks to whomever is able to help me out.

Thank You for the grnerous offer But I did find a couple friend's from the past which had all the seq. I had shared in the past so I now have them all again.

Thank you for the great offer.

Chuck

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh.  I am so glad that you were able to find a copy of all your stuff.   See, you DID have it backed up OFF SITE.  You just didn't know what state it was in.  LOL

Seriously, I'm glad.  I sure wish I had had your stuff, I'd certainly have sent it back.  I keep an original backup of everything I am sent just for an archive of what it was, and I backup to an external drive, AND a cloud based service constantly.

...So, if you'd like to share any of your stuff with me, I'll certainly have a record for as long as I'm alive.   

If you do share anything with me, I promise to not sell, share, trade, or otherwise claim ownership of your property in any way.  I'll only use it for my familys personal enjoyment on our home.

• The topic was locked