Light-O-Rama Forums

Having issues with GE grinch prop

Johnsons family christmas

I can’t get this grinch to work no matter what I try. Prop definition was down loaded from GE from the preview settings. Set it up and numbered them for 272 pixels and three channels. Using a brand new built pixie 16 (tried two different ones) I get the same issues with how it’s working. Some lights in the middle of the first string of 100 will not work. The last string does nothing. I did try to move them to the next three ports on the pixie and it kinda reversed it self. Then the last port would make him talk and the first port would do nothing. Scratching my head at this point. I have gone over the setups with JR Dibb and we seem to think it’s not a pixie issue. So what can I do from here that I haven’t already done. Thanks for the help. Also cat 5 cable has been tested with a tester. 

35 minutes ago, Johnsons family christmas said:

Set it up and numbered them for 272 pixels and three channels.

I assume you really mean 272 pixels and using three outputs (or ports) from your pixel controller - NOT channels.

13 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I assume you really mean 272 pixels and using three outputs (or ports) from your pixel controller - NOT channels.

We got him fixed up. Turns out he is one of the few that i have spoken with that actually  read and followed the S5 help file. He had used universe designations for a pixie and that was causing confusion in the sequence and or pixie. Once I thought about it and asked how he created the prop in prop def I explained how I have been creating all of mine and - it worked.

He was the 4 th person this year to ask about this prop so I just had to take some time and create it. The beating heart makes it a fun little prop and I like it enough that God willing I will add one in 2022.

JR