Light-O-Rama Forums

HUB not letting me create show V5.6.6

Rjp

Every time I try to create a new SD card it keeps saying “Unable to copy an MP3 to the SD card” and it keeps writing stuff on the sd card that I can not delete the sd card is a Kingston 16gb

Any help would be nice 

50 minutes ago, Rjp said:

Every time I try to create a new SD card it keeps saying “Unable to copy an MP3 to the SD card” and it keeps writing stuff on the sd card that I can not delete the sd card is a Kingston 16gb

Any help would be nice 

You need to locate that MP3 that's causing the foul up.  Chances are there is something wrong with it.  I had that happen to me before in 4.4.16 Pro, found out one of the MP3 files that was being {or trying to be} copied had gotten corrupted, and the software wouldn't recognize it.   I had to load it back into a music editor and resave it back out as a different filename, as the editor wouldn't overwrite the corrupt file.   Once that was done I deleted the corrupted file, renamed the new edited file and tried again.  That worked.

As for all the files being written that you can't delete, seems when the Hub writes to the SD Card, if it encounters a corrupt file, whether a sequence, video or audio file, it stops writing and bombs out.   The only way around this, at least this is what I had to do, was reformat the SD card after any crashed SD Card write.  That always cleaned the card of all those files and left me with a clean, fresh, blank SD to try with again.

Would be nice if we knew exactly what MP3 file and sequence was being written when the Hub crashed, then it'd be a lot easier to locate the bad MP3 file, only way I know is look at the SD Card and see what # file was being written and check the one before it, that one and any other file{s} that may have been written after it, one of them is usually the culprit that caused the crash.

Good Luck.

10 hours ago, Rjp said:

Any help would be nice 

I figured it out I deleted all my music and downloaded it all back and rewrote the SD card and now it all works fine

thanks for your help