Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX sequence example

metallus2000

Does anyone have a sequence they developed for DMX that I can see to get an idea of how to program? I don't need audio, just want to view the set-up.

New to DMX...

I will not use the sequence for profit, or sell. Just looking to figure out how to program.

DMX based lights are no different that LOR based lights.  Or are you talking about special stuff like moving head lights, animatronics, etc?

32 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

DMX based lights are no different that LOR based lights.  Or are you talking about special stuff like moving head lights, animatronics, etc?

Yes moving heads. (lights)

16 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Phil is the man for these. He's got all of the fun toys

JR

I got hooked on this guy's shows. They are XLights, but I was able to import into LOR. Has some awesome head lights on the roof. Lost some of the effects, which I am trying to recreate with DMX devices. Looking for a good "Spinner."

Enter Sandman - Metallica (EZ Import) – Magical Light Shows LLC

Toys, Yes, Expensive, No

Those lights are not cheap. they are at least 250W incandescent and cost probably a grand or possibly much more. The outdoor weatherproof domes alone are $500 each.

You will not see beams from the $100 dollar 80W LED heads, except on a foggy night and they are not waterproof. Mine are mounted under my eaves to keep them out of the worst of the weather, so no sky pointing for me. Not much point anyway.

If you want to get depressed, Google 250W Moving Head Light

Edited by PhilMassey
typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Toys, Yes, Expensive, No

Those lights are not cheep. they are at least 250W incandescent and cost probably a grand or possibly much more. The outdoor weatherproof domes alone are $500 each.

You will not see beams from the $100 dollar 80W LED heads, except on a foggy night and they are not waterproof. Mine are mounted under my eaves to keep them out of the worst of the weather, so no sky pointing for me. Not much point anyway.

If you want to get depressed, Google 250W Moving Head Light

Ha, yeah the Chief Financial Officer (wife) won't approve those!

51 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Won't send via message. Fine with here, metallus2000@yahoo.com

• This topic was locked and unlocked