Light-O-Rama Forums

Sound delayed when show first starts

Rmatros

I'm new to this, so sorry if my question is dumb. I just setup my LOR 16 channel, and everything works like a charm. Only problem is when the show starts for the first time. I set a scheduled time, and exactly at that time the lights all start their sequence. But, I don't hear any sound. Then 30-45 seconds later, the sound comes on and everything is in sync. Since the show just plays continuosly, everything is OK the rest of the time, its only at startup. Anyone have any ideas?

Ron, I had a similar problem.

I'm using a very old, slow, memory-starved, Windows 2000 box to control my lights. I suspect the problem may be due to the LOR software needing to load portions of Media Player when the show starts, and this ends up being a time consuming operation on a very slow computer. (That's just a guess.) But, I solved the problem in my setup by scheduling a 30-second start-up musical sequence consisting of nothing but silence and all lights off. Then, when time comes for the first real musical sequence of my show, everything now starts up fine. Maybe this gump could work for you, too.

Are you running Vista? It might be a Windows Media Player issue.

Check this article: http://blog.hansmelis.be/2007/06/17/windows-vista-long-delay-when-switching-songs-in-media-player/

I made the changes with little improvement. I am not ready for my test show yet, but it may involve a short sequence of nothing.

Thanks for the guidance. No, I am not running Vista, I am running XP. I don't think it can be a delay in the song starting because the show starts, lights are animating, but no music. Then, when the music starts, it is at the right place for sync - so the music start 30 seconds into the song.

I think I will try putting a small (less than 1 minute) sequence that is empty and see if this helps to kick start it.

Problem Solved! Thanks for the help. I found that I mad a really dumb mistake when I built my first show - I inserted an animation sequence in the startup. That caused lights to come on but no music. Really dumb. At least it was a simple fix.