Light-O-Rama Forums

Multiple Networks

Wayne K

I am going to be playing around with multiple networks with the red usb adapters. If I create multiple adapters on my garage computer for setup and testing, When I save a sequence will that info load on my show computer or will I have to go into the show computer and do it all again? Or is there a specific file I can use to transfer the info.

Thanks

Wayne

You will need to setup your Network Preferences on the show computer. You can go in to NP and export them from the garage computer and import them to the show computer.

Wayne what I did was add to my programming computer: Note the Network and COM on the adapter. Now I go to my show computer (assumes LOR is installed and the drivers)

Attach 1 adapter: then open Windows Device manager: Find the new COM port and change tat to the same COM as the programming was, Repeat ONE AT A TIME for each additional adapter.

Every time you attach the adapter, it will get the same assignment. 👍

Forgot the step Mr P talked about.

My step syncs the COM# piece. Mr P matches LOR use of those.

FWIW  My laptop had a bunch of COM#'s consumed from othr devices so I start my LOR at 11,12,13,14.  (reg,a,b,c) so there is never a clash

Thanks guys for the info. That helps me know what I need to do.

I also like setting the com ports to the higher numbers. Had not thought about that.

Wayne

• The topic was locked