Light-O-Rama Forums

SS sequence effect and motion effect

randy88cougar

so i am brand new to s5 and need help. i made a SS motion effect on a 12x50 matrix that i have in a 1 row veiw in my preview. it is  2 min long and i want to add a train in the first 38 seconds of the effect. i also want it to be snowing in the scene. i was able to get it to work, however when i add the snow by using motion effects and try and copy paste it in. it moves the 2min of the SS effect scene to the right instead of it erasing i have tried erasing it as well but that does not work.  i am wondering if there is a way to add a motion effect to a SS effect at same time. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not a SS user but you can overlay Motion Effects by adding a second motion row, (or more). Much like you would mix tracks in a video editor. There is also a pretty good S5 Snowflake ME which might work.

As Phil said, you can add multiple Motion Effects rows with different effects either from different or the same source at the same time.  The only limitation is that of course any particular pixel can only light up one color at a given instant.  Therefore if two effects attempt to light the same pixel within a prop, one has to "win" and light the pixel.  I don't remember which it is, but either the higher Motion Effects row or the lower row wins.

As a test a year or two ago, I had four motion effect playing on one of my matrix panels at the same time.

http://www.newburghlights.org/images/4_effects_on_matrix.jpg

22 minutes ago, randy88cougar said:

how would you add the second effect row that is where i am going wrong 

In the Sequencer, right-click on the prop name, and select "Add/Modify Motion Effect Rows".

When the dialog appears, click on "+ Add", then "Save".