Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Control Panel Won't Open

sdanderson51

When I try to start the control panel all I get is a command screen that looks like this:

2021-08-29 09:54:37   1:LCM        [INFO ] Initializing
2021-08-29 09:54:37  10:LCM        [WARN ] Error loading FTDI DLL; FTDI-based adapters will not be usable
2021-08-29 09:54:37   1:LORManager [WARN ] No FTDI interface available; LOR networks will not control lights
2021-08-29 09:54:37  30:Listener   [INFO ] Listening on port 8837
2021-08-29 09:54:37  32:Listener   [INFO ] Connection accepted (127.0.0.1:9666)
2021-08-29 09:54:37   2:ReqHandler [INFO ] Client 127.0.0.1:9666 identified as Control Panel

I am brand new to this so I don't know where to start.

When you start the control panel, the comm listener starts which is what you are seeing. It will run all the time usually minimized to the task bar. It needs to be running to handle communications to the lights.

Just leave it and forget about it.

You should also see a red lightbulb in the system tray, bottom right of the taskbar. By right clicking on that you will get a menu for various settings and to start the various LOR programs.

Note the lightbulb may be hidden if you don't have Windows set to show all taskbar items. If so there will be a tiny down arrow to show the rest.

Right clicking on the lightbulb and choosing Unload, will close the control panel and comm listener. Mine is set to load with Windows and rarely gets closed.

• Thanks 1

One other thing, the comm listener is talking about the FTDI drivers. If you haven't done so you will need to install the USB drivers either from the disk or from the website.

After running the install, not before, plug in the LOR adaptor to complete the installation.