Light-O-Rama Forums

5.6.2 Actual Lights Freeze on Sequencer Playback

PhilMassey

Just installed 5..6.2 on top of 5.6.0. Control panel running. Control lights checked. Comm listener showing all connections. Same exact sequence plays in Show player on demand.

In Sequencer, as soon as playback starts Actual lights, light, then instantly freeze. Playback continues in Preview while lights remain frozen on the first note.

Pressing Lights Off Now is the only wat to turn off the frozen lights. All lights freeze. LOR floods, E1.31 pixels, DMX Moving heads. 

Sequence will not restart until Sequencer is closed and reopened, then it freezes again on playback.

The network has two LOR adaptors and multiple E1.31 Universes, and was playing fine yesterday on 5.6.0.

Uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh DL and no change.

I am about to revert and retest 5.6.2

• Thanks 1

Update.

Reverting to 5.6.0 plays back normally on actual lights from Sequencer.

Re-updating to 5.6.2 still won't play actual lights.

Thanks for the feedback.

It looks to me like this happens when a non-enhanced LOR network is enabled during playback. If you are playing back to enhanced LOR and/or DMX only, then things work ok.

Would you mind installing 5.6.2 one more time and confirming that is the case with your lights?

We will get a new release out as soon as possible.

Matt

Confirmed - as best as I easily could remotely.  Matt, see my note at the end.

My sequencing computer has no LOR networks connected, but I can drive my P5 and P10 panels via E1.31.  My file server (which runs my landscaping show) can not run the sequencer due to video driver issues (not upgradeable).

Here is what I did.  I remoted into my router and executed a script that sends Wake on LAN packets to the family room computer (sequencing computer).  While that was booting, I remotely turned on the power switch for the P5 and P10 panels and the network switch for them.  I also brought up a camera that points at the matrix panels on one of my phones, and another camera that is pointed at the family room computer monitors so I could see the monitors, and hear room audio on my other phone.

After the family room was booted, I remoted into that with TeamViewer, logged in, and started the LOR control panel, and then the 5.6.2 seqeuncer, and lastly one of my sequences.  I also started a web browser session that was looking at the status of Falcon Player for the P10 matrix.  After the sequence was fully loaded, I disabled the three LOR networks in the "Control lights" tab (there are normally no USB adapter connected), and made sure the 106 DMX universes were enabled and then enabled "control lights".  The sequence starts with the matrix dark, and ramps up tune to information over the first 1 second.  When I play the sequence, the matrix never lit up.  That would be consistent with what Phil reported since the first frame on the matrix is all black.  Looking at the camera pointed at the computer monitors, I could see the sequence playing on the computer, and I could hear the audio in the room.  When I looked at the status page on Falcon Player, the only packet counts were the "normal" about one packet per second idle packets.  I checked all my settings and tested a couple more times with the same results.

Next I exited the Sequencer, and started the Hardware Utility and then the Pixel console.  From there, I could select universes that are used on either matrix panel and turn on lights.  When I did this, the camera showed that the actual lights did come on correctly, and the Falcon Player status page correctly showed packet counts increasing rapidly for the universes being tested - as expected.

I did not set up a show on the sequencing computer and attempt to play it from there.  When I am home this evening I can plug in a spare USB to RS-485 adapter and a LOR controller with some lights so I can test LOR networks.  I can also run a test show.

Matt, I just saw your reply.  I can confirm that I was only playing to E1.31.  There are three LOR networks in the preview (2 of them enhanced), but they were not enabled for playback because there are no USB to RS-485 adapters plugged into that computer at this time.

Thanks Matt 

Both my LOR adaptors are Black LS affairs. They only control a few floods and my movers.

I checked enhanced mode for both of them and everything  now works although I didn't expect the floods and movers would, but oddly they do. All the E1.31 stuff looks OK now. I may just leave it this way, at least for now

Thanks Jim for checking.

Replaced 5.6.2 with 5.6.4, and still seeing the same problem.  No lights on my P5 and P10 matrix, and I have all three LOR networks disabled because there are no USB adapters plugged into this computer.

BTW, my file server ran the evening show normally just fine with 5.6.2 last night.

2 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Replaced 5.6.2 with 5.6.4, and still seeing the same problem.  No lights on my P5 and P10 matrix, and I have all three LOR networks disabled because there are no USB adapters plugged into this computer.

BTW, my file server ran the evening show normally just fine with 5.6.2 last night.

Jim,

I'm not seeing any issues with sending E1.31 from the Sequencer in the 5.6.4 release. You might need to create a ticket and attach a sample sequence so we can narrow down the problem.

Matt

Strange. I reset my adaptors back to non enhanced in 5.6.2 and the issue was still there.

Installed 5.6.4 and the sequences ran fine in the update, E1.31, and LOR adaptors. From my viewpoint it's OK  but Jim still has issues.

Looking better.

This morning I fired up my show computer, did Windows updates, and updated LOR to 5.6.4.  Moved the USB adapters from the server to the show computer and ran a couple of my 2021 Christmas sequences from the sequencer.  Everything that was installed (the landscape lighting, and the P5 and P10 matrix panels) worked properly as far as I could tell.  My Christmas Preview has three LOR network:  Regular = 56K non-enhanced, AuxA = 115K Enhanced, and AuxB = 500K Enhanced.  All three LOR networks have stuff used in the Preview, but there is nothing connected to the AuxB network, and none of the output devices on the Regular network.

I will do some more playing with the sequencing computer this afternoon.

I have now run my landscaping show under 5.6.4 both from my server and my normal show computer without issues since last Friday.  I have also played sequences correctly from the Sequencer on the show computer.

The only thing I can't do is set 5.6.4 as my version number here on the forum :)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

I have now run my landscaping show under 5.6.4 both from my server and my normal show computer without issues since last Friday.  I have also played sequences correctly from the Sequencer on the show computer.

The only thing I can't do is set 5.6.4 as my version number here on the forum :)

Thanks for the feedback Jim! We will get the version number added to the forum.

8 hours ago, k6ccc said:

8 hours ago, MattBrown said:

We will get the version number added to the forum

Fixed.