Light-O-Rama Forums

Audio out and bluetooth

service call

I have been wanting to add yard speakers that use blue tooth to the show that I currently use an FM transmitter with. 

Is there a way to output audio from a computer for an FM transmitter and a Bluetooth yard speaker?

Bluetooth connections are laggy and  unreliable. Your music will not stay in sync with the lights over Bluetooth.

You will need to run a stereo cable or do what many do and get a boom box and tune it to the FM frequency.

If you want wireless connected yard speakers, you are going to be far better off using a FM receiver (think boom box) rather than Bluetooth.  Bluetooth is very short range, and adds a little time delay so your music will be delayed a little bit from the sequencing.  Granted that the delay is not very much, but it is not zero.  BTW, same reason you should not use Bluetooth headphones when you are sequencing.

Phil beat me to it...

I use a ION Bluetooth tailgate speaker in my yard on the weekends and haven't had any issues with delays. 

I have been using a radio but get a little worried about it in the environment. 
guess I’ll just keep doing it this way. 

Thanks for help!

16 minutes ago, 75redman said:

I use a ION Bluetooth tailgate speaker in my yard on the weekends and haven't had any issues with delays. 

You may not have noticed it, but it is delayed.  Current minimum is 32 mSec (generally will be longer).  The page linked below is all centered around cellphone to bluetooth audio, so  the "solution" listed of delaying the video on screen to compensate for the Bluetooth audio delay does not apply.  But it does explain Bluetooth latency.

https://www.reviewgeek.com/38434/why-do-bluetooth-headphones-lag-while-watching-video-or-gaming/

I do know that my 2019 Tundra radio is really bad while watching the show with my singing faces

When I first got the truck I remember pulling up to my show and saying “ my faces are way off” 

Thought I made an error somehow so went and checked and they were spot on.

Went back out with golf cart and there was no lag.

Something a miss with the dumb radio and then someone told me it is the new technology.

JR

8 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I do know that my 2019 Tundra radio is really bad while watching the show with my singing faces

When I first got the truck I remember pulling up to my show and saying “ my faces are way off” 

Thought I made an error somehow so went and checked and they were spot on.

Went back out with golf cart and there was no lag.

Something a miss with the dumb radio and then someone told me it is the new technology.

JR

It (the truck radio) probably has a DSP (Digital Sound Processor). Try and turn off all effects

• The topic was locked