Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Anomaly in the Sequencer

machtoo

I have 36 sequences ready for the season in S5 (5.5.16 Pro).  All use the same preview design.  I was running a couple of the sequences in the sequencer yesterday on the PC just to watch them and noticed something I cannot figure out.

I have a single channel that appears to be unresponsive in playback but only in two sequences. I checked all 36 sequences.  I noticed this in the preview window first and then watched the playback for the two sequences.  In the sequence and can see the channel intensity is not changing as programmed in the grid.  When you play back, a column appears to see the intensity of the channel and see it responding.  This channel is showing on all the time for this channel/row.  One other difference is I see is two small cells are shown in the intensity column for this row during playback and not a single cell block as shown in the other legacy a/c control rows.

Anyone have any insight on this issue?  I assume if it is not turning on and off in playback it would not be working in the actual show.

What is perplexing is this prop (a simple shape assigned to a single LOR channel) is working in all but 2 sequences.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by machtoo

There are many possibilities so we need to narrow it down a bit.

A screen cap of the grid might help too.

Are you using a custom grid view or just show all.

Remember any changes to the grid layout you may make in a sequence won't automatically migrate to another unless you export and reimport the grid config.

• Like 1

I use Show All in the grid view.  The grid view is the same for all 36 sequences and the same preview design.  I did capture the grid section but the file size below is limited to 138 bytes.  Any ideas on getting the file posted?

2 minutes ago, machtoo said:

I use Show All in the grid view.  The grid view is the same for all 36 sequences and the same preview design.  I did capture the grid section but the file size below is limited to 138 bytes.  Any ideas on getting the file posted?

The forum severly restricts file uploads.  Post the photo on a website and post a link to it.

If you are referring to the white vertical lines. They are just one second intervals in the grid. You can turn them off in the timing dropdown at top right.

That is not causing the issue with the playback, so we need to look at what else is different between a good and bad sequence.

It is just a difference I noticed between this row and all the others.  The column with the two white vertical lines in the cell  is only displayed during playback in grid view.  The timing is the same for the entire grid and all other rows display one solid cell in this column that opens during playback.  The row that is not acting normal is the on with two cells showng.

If you look at the red progress line in the shot, the intensity should be off and it is staying full on.

The prop definition and the channel assignment is identical for this row/prop in all sequences.

Here is a shot of the same row in a sequence where it is working properly...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao4fhQbbwCGO0DchPoDFdz_fsZjo 

Notice the intensity cell...only one cell and it is off as indicated by the red line location in the sequence.  Again, just a difference I noticed...not sure why the two sequence where this row is not working show two cells rather than one or whether that has anything to do with it.  The other factors are the same ...prop definition and channel assignment.

I agree that there is something odd in your first screen shot. It looks like a color sample did not get drawn at all for "Snowman Eyes Wide" - note the timing mark is still visible in the first column.

Feel free to create a ticket with the help desk and attach your problem sequence. I will be happy to take a look at it. Please reference this forum post in your ticket. Also, go to Help > About in the Sequencer and copy the information shown into your ticket (use the Copy To Clipboard button).

Thanks!

I have just looked at your sequences. They both look normal and play back fine on my machine. The snowman eyes blink as they should.

I'm running 5.6.0 by the way.

• Thanks 1