Light-O-Rama Forums

Wiring Singing Tree

cdlouke

I bought a Boscoyo Singing Christmas Tree that takes  252 pixels. I have it set up in preview and can see the wiring diagram. Just not sure how to wire it. Does everything just go on one channel or do I break it up into segments. Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, cdlouke said:

I bought a Boscoyo Singing Christmas Tree that takes  252 pixels. I have it set up in preview and can see the wiring diagram. Just not sure how to wire it. Does everything just go on one channel or do I break it up into segments. Thanks for any help.

Read DonL’s thread I have a lot of info and video in that thread. 
If you set it up in the preview/ pro def, the wiring has to reflect how you set it up.

No way around it.

If using a pixie controller you can use 1 port (unit Id) per movement just like an AC controller

If using a DMX controller you can put up to 170 pixels per universe. I do not recommend for first timers but your can.

I have some singers with 500 pixels on 3 universes , the key is never run 100% , use two psus - 1 per bank, mount controller on the prop

All Of my props are set for 30% intensity. 

JR

It is only a few down.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Also, if you are using dumb pixels and using something like the CMB24D, and you are using white for the eyes and mouth, you can use Port 1 - 1,2,3 for three sections, Port 2 -1,2,3 for another three. etc,etc. I have singing light bulbs and use the first Port for RGB light bulb outline so I can change their colour. The next Port I split them up into individual channels for the bottom of the eyes and top of the eyes - so I can make them blink and the next for the mouth shapes, etc...to get the white colour I just twisted the red, blue, green wires together. A little more perhaps than smart pixels...but it was what I did before getting into smart pixels...

• The topic was locked