Light-O-Rama Forums

2021 will be first show, so many ????

mcnairb

I have 3 (CTB16PCg3) 16 channel units. I am using regular LED from store. I made a couple singing trees myself, using 9 channels. 

I have a few sequences done, and I have 13 unused channels, for adding on. 

I was thinking of adding some pixels, maybe a tune in sign, can I use the same LOR units for regular lights and pixels??

No. Pixels need their own controller, Pixies or the Pixcon. You will probably need a second RS 485  network adaptor when you add more than a few pixels. Pixels are low voltage devices, 5 or 12V.

Be warned, pixels up the channel count quickly. One 100 pixel string consumes 300 channels.

No! Pixels run on 12 or 5V. They are also addressable and need a totally different controller to 'talk' to each light.

OTOH they can exist WITH you AC controllers (but you will need the HS (red) adapter and can't run on a ELL)

Also update your license level in your profile. Once you start getting into pixels you will need a higher license.

6 hours ago, mcnairb said:

I have 3 (CTB16PCg3) 16 channel units. I am using regular LED from store. I made a couple singing trees myself, using 9 channels. 

I have a few sequences done, and I have 13 unused channels, for adding on. 

I was thinking of adding some pixels, maybe a tune in sign, can I use the same LOR units for regular lights and pixels??

What are your 9 channels for a tree? 8 is the most common for LED and would allow you to use 1 controller for 2 singing faces.

The others have you covered but when getting started in to the RGB world the LOR pixie series 2/4/8/16 are by far the easiest to set up and start using.

Get the Pro level license if you are considering pixels and never worry about it again.

JR

30 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

What are your 9 channels for a tree? 8 is the most common for LED and would allow you to use 1 controller for 2 singing faces.

The others have you covered but when getting started in to the RGB world the LOR pixie series 2/4/8/16 are by far the easiest to set up and start using.

Get the Pro level license if you are considering pixels and never worry about it again.

JR

JR I started with 9 also.  I placed 0, 90, 180, then filled in 3 on each side of 090. 2 years ago, I added 8(dumb) RGB in between those and last year it was just 17 RBG  (2 CMB24 and a long cord to another cluster for the middle (#09), that way, the 2 controller (sides) are symmetrical

10 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

JR I started with 9 also.  I placed 0, 90, 180, then filled in 3 on each side of 090. 2 years ago, I added 8(dumb) RGB in between those and last year it was just 17 RBG  (2 CMB24 and a long cord to another cluster for the middle (#09), that way, the 2 controller (sides) are symmetrical

He is saying he has LED trees not RGB. I just asking what the 9 channels are.

I have some LED with 12 but they are singers and instruments.

The only cmb I have is for floods. All others are smart faces and a few LED that I didnt have a chance to convert yet, Maybe 2022 before the snowman guitar and banjo get converted since they will have a lot of nodes.

JR 

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

JR

My nine channels for the tree are 

Tree outline, eyes outline (round), eyes closed, blue eyes, then the 5 mouth positions. I think the extra is the blue pupils 

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case you haven't read it already in these forums, Do Not buy "Martha" lights from HomeDepot. They are worthless unless its strictly on/off. Dimming can cause fires.