Light-O-Rama Forums

Taking forever to open sequence

Vince4xmas

This is likely due to the calculations needed for the Spectrogram. After the sequence is open, select Sequence > Sequence Information from the menu. Change the "Audio Info" drop down to "Waveform Only", then click Save. The next time you open the sequence, it should be much faster.

Matt

Note that this will cause portions of the Audio motion effect to be inactive. If you don't use the Audio motion effect, then everything should be fine.

Matt

Thanks Matt!

I am using the audio motion effect I a few spots. So just leave it alone and wait to load?

Not that big of deal....just a question regarding load time.

Please advise.

Thanks

If you are using the Audio motion effect, then you will need to live with the long loading time (or buy a faster computer). How long is your audio file (minutes/seconds)?

Matt

Noticed the same behavior right away upon first use of 5.6.0 and recognized it was likely due to the processing required to generate the spectrogram.  But I like the feature so it is what it is.  Thanks for the input on how to make it faster if not used in a given sequence.

Question: Why does the spectrogram have to be generated every time?  If the audio file is not changing can't the spectrogram be saved in some way, maybe outside the .loredit file?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 3:53 PM, hasslerk said:

Question: Why does the spectrogram have to be generated every time?  If the audio file is not changing can't the spectrogram be saved in some way, maybe outside the .loredit file?

That is a good question. We looked at that approach, but there is a large amount data that would need to be stored. Nevertheless, we will take another look at it.

Matt