Light-O-Rama Forums

software

friskybri

I just purchased the software LOR. I have been looking at this for months but it is to late for me to get started on a display for this season and have it look good. I look forward to preparing sequences over the next year. I plan on purchasing two 16 output control units. I was wondering if there was anything on this software that you could plug in a 16 control unit and just play any music. Having the software make the lights dance without setting up a sequence. What I would like is for my jukebox to control some lights out on the deck when I am having a party. I think it would be great to use the software and output controls for alot of different things. If not I would hope maybe LOR might want o put it into the software. any ideas on this. Thanks, Brian

Thanks to both of you replying so fast wow. There is so much to read online here and learn. I cant wait to try it. thanks, brian

If you are only doing 32 ch then you can download some free sequences from lorsequences.com. They have a ton of free sequences over there. Then you can ether tweak them or do your own for next year. Also LOR sells some off there site as well.

How many lights are you planning on having?

Also do you plan to buy controllers this year or next?

There is another option by Gemmy you might be interested in depending on how many lights you are going to be running that could get you through until next season or until you start using the controllers...

Donald Puryear wrote:

friskybri wrote:
Thanks, Is there a LOR plugin for winamp. Thats what runs my touch screen jukebox.
There is a program called LORVIS. It will allow media player to control LOR.

That link has been posted to him above. That program is for Windows Media, not sure if it will work with winamp.

That is why he is asking if there is a plugin that will work for winamp.

Thanks for all the posts and so soon. I can tell if I have a question here it will get replied to very fast. I plan on in march to purchase the two controllers 32 channels. The lights we are waiting until the closeout sale the day before and after Christmas. I am looking at buying about 10,000 lights to start enough to cover all the channels. Looking to purchase all the lights for the 4th, Halloween, ect. I have other questions I will like to ask but i need to start a new thread. I have also been playing with Holiday Light Designer kind of planning out the show for next year. Sorry for being such a newb. I guess everyone started here. :D