Light-O-Rama Forums

Insert timing keyboard shortcut

bdwillie

I am messing with the keyboard preferences and key maps.  I have created a custom keyboard map, and  I would like a keyboard shortcut to insert a timing mark.  I can't seem to find that option.  There is copy timing, and paste timing, but no insert timing.  Is there a way to do this?  It is not mentioned in the help section that I can find.  Thanks for any help!

Since you have to select a location with the mouse, you might as well just right click.

True, just seems it would be easier (at least for me) to be able to click location with mouse, tap a key and be done. usually have a hand resting on keyboard anyhow,  mouse is three clicks with select spot, right click, scroll to the insert timing, and click again.  Keyboard short cut would let me click spot, tap key and done.  Doesn't seem like much difference, but putting in a ton of timing marks for the drum sticks on my drum prop, and I am lazy sometimes😇.  21 timing marks in a six second area! Just hoping it was doable

During playback, you can use the "T" key to insert a timing mark. 

Under the "Operations" section on the Keyboard Preferences page:

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/keyboardpreferences.htm

The description for "Apply Twinkle" states "Apply the Twinkle effect to the current selection when not playing back. Insert a timing mark when playback is running."

There isn't a shortcut to insert a timing mark when not playing back.

Matt

2 hours ago, bdwillie said:

True, just seems it would be easier (at least for me) to be able to click location with mouse, tap a key and be done. usually have a hand resting on keyboard anyhow,  mouse is three clicks with select spot, right click, scroll to the insert timing, and click again.  Keyboard short cut would let me click spot, tap key and done.  Doesn't seem like much difference, but putting in a ton of timing marks for the drum sticks on my drum prop, and I am lazy sometimes😇.  21 timing marks in a six second area! Just hoping it was doable

I don't know how you all can sequence sitting at a desk. Maybe its because I sequence almost all day and every day but I have always sequenced on my laptop, reclined with only my headset and my mouse. Since I am a key picker I don't use any key commands, only my mouse in most cases.

Except while awaiting my boys at school when I sequence in my truck sitting up but still only a mouse and headset.

Could be I spent over 20 years at a desk with the old typewriters and old computers at work and my back cant take it any longer.

Hats off to all that can.

JR

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I don't know how you all can sequence sitting at a desk. Maybe its because I sequence almost all day and every day but I have always sequenced on my laptop, reclined with only my headset and my mouse.

Just the opposite.  I really don't like sequencing on the laptop because of the lack of screen space.  And I touch type quite well so I use the keyboard shortcuts quite a bit.

2 hours ago, bdwillie said:

mouse is three clicks with select spot, right click, scroll to the insert timing, and click again.

Unlock the timing grid. Then the timing menu comes up when you right-click. Saves a step.

Matt

Just now, k6ccc said:

Just the opposite.  I really don't like sequencing on the laptop because of the lack of screen space.  And I touch type quite well so I use the keyboard shortcuts quite a bit.

Yep, ive seen yours and Phils impressive sequencing desks LOL Impressive screens. When I do use my desktop it has a 36" monitor. But I only used it to test S5 and then to help in converting some of my S4 to S5 while my S5 laptop was being used for show. Haven't seen it since New Years. 

JR