Light-O-Rama Forums

Migration S4 sequences to S5

James Shelby

It's not that different. I remember spending hours laboriously dragging hundreds of pixel channels around in S4

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

It's not that different. I remember spending hours laboriously dragging hundreds of pixel channels around in S4

Me too - although it was in S3 I think...

3 hours ago, PhilMassey said:

I posted this a while back on managing your previews.

I believe I was one of those and I received a lot of help from Phil and I mean a lot of help that I would have never expected.

Greatly appreciated.

JR

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2021 at 12:48 PM, dibblejr said:

Not going to work well. Save yourself the grief and build your "preview" from scratch. FYI- I do not convert my S4 sequences to S5. When you open an S4 sequence in S5 after building your preview skip through all of the warnings, copy paste and close the old sequence without saving.

IMO

JR

I've been struggling with moving my sequences to S5, especially with some channels not showing up in Preview.  The S4 sequences that I converted to S5 were super messed up.  I deleted them and started again using your method, and slowly but surely everything is coming in to place now.  I had to open the S4 sequences/ work on the preview/ close without saving/ several times before I got the Preview to a point where it's working properly, but now I'm able to more easily clean up my sequences and actually make them useful in S5.  One thing I encountered, but have not read anything about on the forums, is that none of the S4 sequences brought their timing grids with them in the conversion to S5.  I thought they were all lost in the "upgrade", but I was easily able to import them back from my S4 sequences.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LangfordDave said:

I've been struggling with moving my sequences to S5, especially with some channels not showing up in Preview.  The S4 sequences that I converted to S5 were super messed up.  I deleted them and started again using your method, and slowly but surely everything is coming in to place now.  I had to open the S4 sequences/ work on the preview/ close without saving/ several times before I got the Preview to a point where it's working properly, but now I'm able to more easily clean up my sequences and actually make them useful in S5.  One thing I encountered, but have not read anything about on the forums, is that none of the S4 sequences brought their timing grids with them in the conversion to S5.  I thought they were all lost in the "upgrade", but I was easily able to import them back from my S4 sequences.

Glad its working for you. I found it easier for me even though I had / have a couple great member helping me that do it better than me I find this easier for what I do.

Have fun.

JR