Light-O-Rama Forums

XXXX with no motion rows

James Hill

Do not know what I did. Just moved into Pro and was playing with pixel programming. I have set up a few simple props just to play around. Today I wanted to play with a song. Noticed on my channels - my arches (traditional mini lights - 5 segments - AC controller) now has the XXXX field but does not have any motion rows attached when expanded. Also my dumb RGBs for the outline of my singing light bulbs have the same thing....if I click on the tree icon beside "Show All" (or other grid formation) and select Condensed View the XXXX is gone....but the other issue I have found is...in Preview Group Definition...my props have Motion Effet Rows of 2 but when you click on the channels in the grid there is no Motion Effets...but I can add them manually...this wasn't like this before....anyone out there figure what I did? Would like to clean this up. Thanks in advance.

The XXXX rows are expected when Condensed View is turned off. See the "Condensed Mode" topic on this page:

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/item_list.htm

The motion rows defined in Prop and Group Definition are treated as defaults to be used on *new* sequences. If you want to use the defaults in an existing sequence, right click on the prop name in the sequence grid, then select Add/Modify Motion Effect Rows from the menu. In the dialog that opens, there is a "Merge Defaults" button on the toolbar that will bring them in.

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/motion_effect_rows_dialog.htm

Matt

Hello Matt,

What I don't understand is my singing light bulbs are created with dumb RGBs controlled with 2 x CMB24D cards...why have just the outline of the singers using RGB to change their colours have the XXXX and not the rest...is it because it is assigned 3 channels? Also I thought in prop def or group def I could assign Motion Effect Rows so I would not have to add manually every time a new Sequence was started...but when I click on the prop and expand...there is no Motion Effect Rows?

Right click and enable channel level for rgb props. Right click again and add motion rows, as many as you need.

16 hours ago, James Hill said:

Hello Matt,

What I don't understand is my singing light bulbs are created with dumb RGBs controlled with 2 x CMB24D cards...why have just the outline of the singers using RGB to change their colours have the XXXX and not the rest...is it because it is assigned 3 channels? Also I thought in prop def or group def I could assign Motion Effect Rows so I would not have to add manually every time a new Sequence was started...but when I click on the prop and expand...there is no Motion Effect Rows?

Do you have them defined as Dumb RGB in the Prop Definition? If so, then no motion rows should be needed (or created). Just use RGB channels.

Matt

Hello Matt,

When in doubt, start over. I deleted my channel order file in Import/Export and built another. Made sure the Condensed was checked and seems to be OK...However, I created my pixel props and assigned 2 Motion Rows for each in Prop Def.(Mini Tree 1, Mini Tree 2,...5)(Star 1, Star 2,...5), grouped them (All Trees)(All Stars) and assigned 2 Motion Rows in Group Def. and grouped them again (All Trees and Stars) and assigned 2 Motion Rows to that. All Motion Rows show up except the ones defined in the original Prop Def.. I can add them manually but don't understand why they don't show up at all?.

82581093_PropExpanded3.gif.c5ef681895a24477fdd945b91fe4fd85.gif

On 1/16/2021 at 11:38 AM, MattBrown said:

Do you have them defined as Dumb RGB in the Prop Definition? If so, then no motion rows should be needed (or created). Just use RGB channels.

Matt

They are defined as Dumb RGB in prop def that is why I was unsure what happened...but I think I fixed it by above post - deleted file and started over...but now have another issue with motion rows....see above post.

Thanks for the help and info

James