Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for a mentor

kingfish

This year I plan to move to s5, right now I am running on one laptop v4.4.6 pro, and I just downloaded v5.5.16 pro on another laptop.

my plan in my mind is to use both like I see some doing here

my main show runs 24 lor old school 16 channel v3 boxes for Xmas and Halloween 

this year I would like to add two sets of arches . 4 arches in each set, I could use them for halloween and Xmas both

one set is lor ccp that I picked up years ago 2 boxes, each box has 2 strands of lights each 50 ccp

also I picked up last year holiday Cora  4 arch setup of ribbons

so my dabble into pixels is small , but I am clueless on how to approach this. But I got till October to figure this out hopefully with some help. 

37 minutes ago, kingfish said:

This year I plan to move to s5, right now I am running on one laptop v4.4.6 pro, and I just downloaded v5.5.16 pro on another laptop.

my plan in my mind is to use both like I see some doing here

my main show runs 24 lor old school 16 channel v3 boxes for Xmas and Halloween 

this year I would like to add two sets of arches . 4 arches in each set, I could use them for halloween and Xmas both

one set is lor ccp that I picked up years ago 2 boxes, each box has 2 strands of lights each 50 ccp

also I picked up last year holiday Cora  4 arch setup of ribbons

so my dabble into pixels is small , but I am clueless on how to approach this. But I got till October to figure this out hopefully with some help. 

I would not recommend using both. Use S5 because trying to use both is a lot to remember and you will forget things you learn in S5. It is very difficult to keep up with S5 and still use S4.

There are reasons I "MUST" use both.

That's IMHO. For most people there would be no reason to use both.

JR