Light-O-Rama Forums

OUCH!!

bossgroove

While pounding my 5 foot long section of 2 inch PVC pipe into the ground with a sledgehammer, and with a fullswing with both hands, it skimmed off the top and hit my left lower shin and then my right ankle. I knew I was hurt and found the nearest seat. When I sat down, I noticed blood gushing from my left leg. Dena helped me clean it and got me to the urgent care clinic to recieve 12 stiches.

The pain in the beginning was unbearable, but all is better.

Now to the roof!

garyfunk wrote:

Best wishes to you and your family that have to put up with you. I wonder if there is a home for us somewhere. lol

What? You mean that these forums aren't our home? :)

We're all smart people right? How could we possibly forget about safety and the laws of physics. Some of us also have to deal with the laws of Psychologists!

However, I deal with a Psychiatrist, because they can prescribe medications.

By the way, there is no cure to our illness. Worse than that, there is no treatment.

We are disabled by our hobby and the world needs to understand and appreciate what we do. I don't understand why everyone else can't relate the price of something to the number of strands of lights that it is equal to.

We all have a vision, and half the fun is getting there.

Westport Lights wrote:

garyfunk wrote:
Best wishes to you and your family that have to put up with you. I wonder if there is a home for us somewhere. lol

What? You mean that these forums aren't our home? :)

My wife keeps saying she is going to put me in a home. I hope there are a lot of lights.

Yup,

Power tools and heavy devices in the hands of extreme christmas light enthusiast.

This is the time of year when deductibles are met.

I think I'll wear my knee pads on my shins next time I use my sledge, OUCH!

Texan78 wrote:

This is why you have kids so they can do the dangerous labor...

Anybody have any extra kids to send to Tennesee next week?