Light-O-Rama Forums

Another S4 to S5 issue I could use some help with

TheSignGuy

So I've made up my mind that I will learn S5, watched the tutorials and did not seem that difficult to catch on. I just upgraded to Pro to I could add some more pixels and motion effects into the display for next year.

So the thing that has me scratching my head is when I imported my visualizer file for all my current channels my Pixie 8 was really messed up, all other AC channels were fine. I have 4 pixel arches, 60 pixels each and they are ribbons. I run 120 pixels on port 1 (60 pixels each arch) and 120 pixels on port 2. There are error messages and unmatched channels and for some reason it suppressed the first 14 pixels on port 1 of my pixie 8 (15.1 through 14) and will not add them to the sequencer.  In the sequencer it also added some old CCP Pixie 2's I no longer use and will not show up in the preview so I can delete them?

From what I've read it's best to build a new preview with my current configuration and add the arches there instead of trying to figure this out. Can anyone point me in the right direction or confirm just to rebuild the preview?

You can clean up the created preview, but it might be simpler to start from scratch with a new preview, then copy and paste the content into a new sequence.

Your other option is delete the pixel props from the preview and recreate them. Then copy the content from the archived old rows before deleting them.

Be sure to make frequent backups of the preview and sequences as you go  and work on copies so you can go back when, not if, you screw it up.

1 hour ago, PhilMassey said:

You can clean up the created preview, but it might be simpler to start from scratch with a new preview, then copy and paste the content into a new sequence.

Your other option is delete the pixel props from the preview and recreate them. Then copy the content from the archived old rows before deleting them.

Be sure to make frequent backups of the preview and sequences as you go  and work on copies so you can go back when, not if, you screw it up.

Thank you for the reply.

That's the general feeling that I'm getting is to start a new one. I did delete the old arches and try to add them with the old sequence but they would not run in the preview so i figured the error messages and unmatched channels were the issue but I was unable to find the problem.

I found it easy to select all the "Properly Configured Good Props" from the S5 Preview - Right Click on that selection - "Export Selected Items" as File then "Add New Preview" Add Background - then Add "Import an S5 Prop File" select the prop file you just exported - then reconfigure and add the Missing Props

Edited by KYHI

19 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

Did you look in the Channel conflicts, and Other warnings tabs at the top of the Preview page.

Yes. I did try that but it brings them back in the preview and stacks the pixels on top of each other and they play but they do not assign them back to the arches. I'm going to try what KYHI suggested. I don't have a problem building a new preview but figured this issue is over my head for the lack of time I've spent in S5.

9 hours ago, TheSignGuy said:

Yes. I did try that but it brings them back in the preview and stacks the pixels on top of each other and they play but they do not assign them back to the arches. I'm going to try what KYHI suggested. I don't have a problem building a new preview but figured this issue is over my head for the lack of time I've spent in S5.

It is much easier to build a new preview than import a vis. Been there a few times before I with a lot of help just built the entire preview from scratch.

You have a lot of people here to ask for help and are willing to assist.

JR