Light-O-Rama Forums

Weird Behavior

whitebuck

Ok, so I am not going to try to explain this situation for my sanity and some agreement that I might not be crazy.

This year I used LOR 4.4.14 (Latest s4), and Ran my show all Christmas Just fine, everything working well on E1.31 network.

I got this brilliant idea I wanted to upgrade to s5 latest version and add some songs.   Imported all my sequences into S5 and set them all up on my laptop (mac w/ vm).  I decided that today was the day.  Shut down my show on S4, still plugged in outside, and uninstalled S4.  Copied the Light-O-Rama folder to a new name and started what I thought was fresh install of S5 (Latest 5.5.16).   Loaded the first sequence and took a minute to get everything working to play on the lights.   Play the first sequence to check everything out and its a simple Butterfly effect with twinkling light.  Low and behold 10 sec into the song, one of my 300 pixel strings goes half pink which is not in the sequence at all.   I checked and double checked, changed a connection and still pink.  So I yank the strings out of the middle of the group and take them in the house to test on my small tester.  Meanwhile, son unplugs controllers.  Everything worked well on mini tester..  Took it back out and plugged it in, then hooked the power up again.

Everything now seemed to work as expected.   So my question or curiosity is, did the data signal get messed up somewhere in the transition?  Did unplugging reset the system?  or Am I crazy?