Light-O-Rama Forums

Rain

DLH lites

On 12/27/2020 at 4:07 PM, dibblejr said:

Us too, i was lucky though only a couple of ground problems. My sail props (singers stacked 14' high) made it through unscathed.  Unlike the hurricane where I was up 40' making emergency repairs on Halloween day.

One of the members that live close by found his ccr tree on the ground.

JR

Know we had some pretty strong winds a few days ago.  No real damage, but Tuesday night I went out and checked the display and only my Singing LOR Tree Zuzu got affected, but it was weird.  She had about 10 of her nodes pushed out of their holes.  

And I didn't even notice it until the show actually started running and I thought, why is Zuzu missing so many nodes?   Surely that many could not have burned out this soon!   Nope, found them dangling behind her, re-inserted and she was fine. 

Did have one little piece of the black plastic break off of her at the top, but was quite minor and  barely noticeable.  A little black paint when tear done comes will fix that.  I've got to paint the wood bracing on her and Ralphie a flat black anyway.

16 minutes ago, Orville said:

Know we had some pretty strong winds a few days ago.  No real damage, but Tuesday night I went out and checked the display and only my Singing LOR Tree Zuzu got affected, but it was weird.  She had about 10 of her nodes pushed out of their holes.  

And I didn't even notice it until the show actually started running and I thought, why is Zuzu missing so many nodes?   Surely that many could not have burned out this soon!   Nope, found them dangling behind her, re-inserted and she was fine. 

Did have one little piece of the black plastic break off of her at the top, but was quite minor and  barely noticeable.  A little black paint when tear done comes will fix that.  I've got to paint the wood bracing on her and Ralphie a flat black anyway.

This year since I went very high with my singing faces I had to triple my anchors and methods.

We survived 80 mph gusts without any damage to my LOR faces. I have had nothing move since the hurricane. LOL

All week in 20-40’s outside today 71 , 70’s tomorrow and Friday and the storms roll in.

mid this was after New Years it would be a beautiful time to start taking down props.

JR

• The topic was locked