Light-O-Rama Forums

Using S5 Pro NOT logged in as Admin

kzziboy

Wondering about installing the software on a Windows 7 computer.  I have the admin login and privileges, but I'm wondering if there's a trick to make it work when you're NOT logged in as an admin?

I want it to work while logged in as a normal user.  The program installed with no problem when logged in as an admin and works fine.  I also see the Control Panel icon on the desktop when logged in a normal user, but when I click on it, it wants to go the the installation procedure again.  Then it stops saying you need to be an admin.  I have many other programs that had to be installed as an admin, but they run fine when NOT logged in under admin.

Any fixes or thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance!!

If I remember correctly, you should be able to click on the CMD prompt in the start menu, enter the LOR EXE you want to run and select Run As Administrator. You should be able to enter the Admin password and it should work as if you are logged in as the Admin. 

Do NOT run install as admin - use your normal user account.  Windows will prompt for the admin credentials during the install when needed.

I run into this all the time because my user account on this computer does not have admin rights (although I am the administrator with a different account).

BTW, I recommend NOT running your normal user account on any PC with admin rights.  The reason is that if you have admin rights and get a virus or other malware, you just gave the virus admin rights to your computer.

Some installers require elevated system rights. Right Click on the EXE - select "Run As Administrator"

If you still get that message - then your "Normal" User account is limited and will not allow the installer to make changes to your system...

Edited by KYHI

Thanks for the replies. 

Very weird.  I just clicked on the exe files in the Lightorama folder on the C drive.  I right clicked the Sequencer exe file and ran as administrator.  It still wanted to go through all the setup junk.  After it quit I clicked cancel and then it opened up!

Anyway, it seems to be working.  I can even save sequences.