Light-O-Rama Forums

copying sewquences

Douglas

Is there something special to copy sequences from 1 computer to another.  I have my regular light show that runs the show.   but when I am out of town i work sequences from my laptop.  they have a different preview  and its not quite working out copying to my show computer

thanks

18 minutes ago, Douglas said:

Is there something special to copy sequences from 1 computer to another.  I have my regular light show that runs the show.   but when I am out of town i work sequences from my laptop.  they have a different preview  and its not quite working out copying to my show computer

thanks

I'm pretty new to this, but it seems to me you need to have the preview loaded on your sequencing PC that your show PC will be using. As for copying....I have a free Remote utilities license and I just remote into my show PC from the sequencing PC and transfer the audio file and sequence to their respective folders, run the sequence on the ShowPC to match the audio file location, test, and add it into my show editor.

Just copy the entire LOR folder structure over to other computer. I do all my sequences on main then just copy whole folder. Simple and Easy

On 12/20/2020 at 1:08 AM, Euro92 said:

Just copy the entire LOR folder structure over to other computer. I do all my sequences on main then just copy whole folder. Simple and Easy

what does it do to the folder that is original and has sequences in it    Overwrite the existing ones?

On 12/19/2020 at 8:19 PM, LaughsBrightly said:

I'm pretty new to this, but it seems to me you need to have the preview loaded on your sequencing PC that your show PC will be using. As for copying....I have a free Remote utilities license and I just remote into my show PC from the sequencing PC and transfer the audio file and sequence to their respective folders, run the sequence on the ShowPC to match the audio file location, test, and add it into my show editor.

I would like more information on that   my email is btg_always@hotmail.com   thanks

34 minutes ago, Douglas said:

what does it do to the folder that is original and has sequences in it    Overwrite the existing ones?

The original folder or source won't be changed by a copy operation.

Any files with exactly the same name in the destination folders will be overwritten. Windows usually gives you the option to overwrite or skip duplicate files while telling you which is older or newer. 

Assuming you are going from sequencing machine to show machine, you will right click on the root LOR folder and say copy, then paste to your external or thumb drive.

Then repeat the operation with the thumb drive in the second machine.

• The topic was locked