Light-O-Rama Forums

DC Tree Acting Weird

TheDooDoo06

I have two single colored DC trees controlled by the CMB16D-QC Deluxe. At first the trees worked fine, but after a rain one won’t turn off completely. If I go into the hardware utility and manually turn the channel off the tree will still be on very dim. The only way I have gotten the tree to turn completely off is by unplugging the power supply or the tree itself. I do not think it is the channel because if I move it to the channel for the other tree it does the same thing.

This has stumped my knowledge on electricity and am at a complete loss.

If I read this correctly: The problem follows the tree.

In that case, my 2 ohms 😛 : You have a ground path from the tree back to the PSU minus that does not pass thru the MOSFET (channel terminal)

12 hours ago, TheDucks said:

If I read this correctly: The problem follows the tree.

In that case, my 2 ohms 😛 : You have a ground path from the tree back to the PSU minus that does not pass thru the MOSFET (channel terminal)

Does the MOSFET control the hot or ground wire? I thought it controlled the hot wire meaning that when it is off there is no power at the tree. But if it only controls the ground wire I can see how power would find a path back to ground through water after a rain.

1 hour ago, TheDooDoo06 said:

Does the MOSFET control the hot or ground wire? I thought it controlled the hot wire meaning that when it is off there is no power at the tree. But if it only controls the ground wire I can see how power would find a path back to ground through water after a rain.

I have CMB24's The Plus is the fused Hot for a RGB group , the 3 MOSFETs is what grounds R,G or B  lines.  (I use 2 RGB ports worth for my 12 Cane spinner. in Oct, I had 2 channels for a Pair of Bone hands)

47 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

I have CMB24's The Plus is the fused Hot for a RGB group , the 3 MOSFETs is what grounds R,G or B  lines.  (I use 2 RGB ports worth for my 12 Cane spinner. in Oct, I had 2 channels for a Pair of Bone hands)

Thank you!

I have solved the problem for the time being and will change extension cords next season.