Light-O-Rama Forums

pixcon and ac controllers wont play nicely toghether

Michlind

So I have been running the professional 1600's for many years now and so i want to add a pixcon mega tree 16 lines 100 pixels. got the hs dongle and set everything up as best as i could with what i know at this time.  Well it seems that my 1600's will not run at the speed the pixcon needs.  there must be a way to make them play nice together.  Anyone want to take a shot to help a poor american out whose down on his luck?

i do still have the black adaptor. because im new to rgb its setting up  second network that is at this time an unknow to me that i have to figure out.

Edited by Michlind

Setting up  second LOR network takes only a few seconds.  And in S5, changing your pixel tree to use that second network also only takes seconds.

it might take a few seconds if you know how 😊. me? dont know how. any direction would be great. other wise i have to start doing a lot of reading.

Try doing a little research in the help.  If you can't find how to add a second network inside of one minute, you did not try very hard.  Doing so, you might actually learn something.

I am more than happy to help people out, but make some effort on your part.  That should take very little to find.

LOL I completely understand what you’re saying  Oh believe me I have been reading all of this stuff and most of it I have figured out on my own so this is what I got when I change the pixcon to the E1.31 and I uncheck the J3J4 item do I have to enable one of the four port options underneath that it’s not quite clear in any of the information that I found about that

23 hours ago, Michlind said:

So I have been running the professional 1600's for many years now and so i want to add a pixcon mega tree 16 lines 100 pixels. got the hs dongle and set everything up as best as i could with what i know at this time.  Well it seems that my 1600's will not run at the speed the pixcon needs.  there must be a way to make them play nice together.  Anyone want to take a shot to help a poor american out whose down on his luck?

Older CTB16PC Pre-Gen 3 Controllers WILL NOT play well with the newer G3/G4, especially your Mega Tree.  You must use a separate network from those older Controllers, as they will never play nice with your Pixel Tree you just acquired.  Older Pre-Gen3 AC Controllers CAN NOT run at the minimum speed required or use Enhanced Networking for many RGB items, which is 500K minimum and Enhanced are required.   And the BLACK USB485 adapters also can't run Enhanced or 500K speeds, they are limited to either 56K or 115K for the older AC Comntrollers.  

So you have the Red HS adapter, should just need to plug it in and it should set up a Comm port to use, check in the HU, set up your networks preferences in the LOR software provided for tha and you'll need to correct all your sequences to use that Comm port and network, should be Aux A, 500K, Enhanced.  Your black adapter should stay on its current Comm port, Regular network and NON-Enhanced.  Then connect your pixcon to the RED HS adapter via Cat 5 and it should all work together.

I can't help much with the inner settings or workings of S5, because I haven't gotten to know it very well currently.

But like Jim stated, you need to read in the help file and the manuals for further info on how to get it all set up and working together.

Thank you to all of you I have now got it to work in lor mode did two different networks of comport USB thank you so much for all of your help